Alternate Ending to Twilight | Teen Ink

Alternate Ending to Twilight

September 7, 2009
By Freewut BRONZE, Springfield, Missouri
Freewut BRONZE, Springfield, Missouri
4 articles 0 photos 6 comments

The prom was the epitome of all I hated. Nevertheless, if Edward was happy swaying to the music and having inane conversations with shallow people, who was I to stop him?

“Bella, what are you thinking? You know I can’t read your mind,” Edward chuckled at his own bit of irony. Once again, I was incredibly glad that, by some weird freak of nature, I was the only person in the whole world that Edward couldn’t read the mind of. I just knew that he would begin harping about the fact that I should be enjoying my life, vitality, and youth.

“Just wondering when we can leave. Edward, please, let’s go,” I whined shamelessly. I had a few ideas on what we could do that didn’t involve sashaying across a dance floor.

“Where do you want to go? This is your one and only prom. Tonight’s a night you’ll always remember.” Obviously, he still believed that my living a ‘normal’ life was the best thing for me.

“First of all, this is my Junior Prom. So technically, I still have the Senior Prom to attend. Secondly, I want to remember this night for a totally different reason,” I took a deep breath, “Edward, I want to become like you. All you have to do is bite me, and we can be together forever like this. Then, I can go to as many proms as you want.”

“Bella, I’m not changing you. We agreed that this was enough. You need to live your life, and I am not going to turn you into a monster like me. So, the answer is no,” he finished.

“Edward, I’m going to become a vampire, one way or another.”


The author's comments:
I wrote this for an English class. It's an alternate ending to Stephenie Meyer's Twilight. I know Bella and Edward aren't my characters and neither is the situation, but it is a different take on what happened.