Forget you, Remember me Part 1 | Teen Ink

Forget you, Remember me Part 1

By Cuore GOLD, Saint Augustine, Florida
Cuore GOLD, Saint Augustine, Florida

Be the change you wish to see- Ghandi

Everything in this room is eatable, even I'm eatable, but that my dears is called cannibalism and is highly frowned upon in most societies.- Willy Wonka

Bright lights often blind those who can't see. ~

Darkness was all I could see. My vision swam in and out of existence. When I could see everything was muted in color, as if it were quite dark out. There were people here with me. Two of them were talking arguing in low voices. One was beside me, gently shaking my arm and calling out a name repeatedly.

“Rita, Rita wake up. Rita are you ok? Who hurt you?” The person asked again, shaking my arm a little more insistently.

I turned my head slowly to the right so that I could look at the person. I saw she was girl between 17-19 years old. She was petite with short hair dyed a vibrant shade of purple. I didn’t recognize her. I lay still for a moment, trying to answer her questions. Was I ok? I wasn’t sure. My whole body hurt from being propped in the uncomfortable position I was in against the cave wall. My left leg was completely numb, as was my left arm. The back of my head felt wet, and a copper stench filled my nostrils, making my stomach churn. From the corner of my eye I saw a thin line of crimson dripping off my chin. After a moment I realized that the crimson line was blood. I groaned as new pain flared to life as the purple-haired girl shook me again.

“Rita? Rita! Rita you’ve got to tell us who hurt you!” The girl said again.

My eyelids felt so heavy. I was so tired. I closed my eyes and tried ignore the strange girl beside me who called me Rita. Before the sweet respite of sleep was granted to me, a thought crossed my mind. Who had hurt me? This question puzzled me for a moment. I thought about it for a moment, trying to remember. I couldn’t remember. I tried to search farther back through my memory. White-cold shock ran through me as I realized I could not remember anything.

“I-I-I-I d-d-don’t know! I c-c-c-can’t r-r-remember! I c-c-c-can’t remember anything!” I sobbed.

“What do you mean you can’t remember anything?” The girl asked.

“I c-c-c-can’t remember anything b-b--b-before I woke up in this c-c-c-cave.” I said.

“Anything? You can’t remember who I am? Who you are?” She asked.

“N-n-n-o. Is Rita my name? Is that why you keep saying Rita?” I asked.

She nodded. I turned my head down a little to look at the pool of blood in my lap. I was so tired. I turned back to the girl. She had gotten up to talk to the other two people. I saw now that one of them was a middle aged adult man with light brown hair going gray. The other person was a boy around the same age as the purple-haired girl. He looked as if he could have been a bit older than her though. His face was in shadow, but I could see that he was of medium height with unusually long, dark hair. The purple-haired girl was obviously upset, tears ran down her face in twin streams. She was gesturing at me, trying to convince them of something. I couldn't here what they were saying, their voices were too quiet. As my eyes fell shut again I saw the dark haired boy look at me. He stepped forward, into the meager light cast by a flashlight that the brown-haired man was holding. He looked pale and angry. He looked ready to kill. As I drifted to sleep I wondered if I was the one he wanted to kill. Or maybe he had already tried.

PLEASE RATE AND COMMENT!!! I want feedback, I don't care how harsh it is. This is the first in a series of at least 2 articles, probably more.