Drip, Drip, Drip | Teen Ink

Drip, Drip, Drip

July 9, 2011
By Delictious GOLD, Lubbock, Texas
Delictious GOLD, Lubbock, Texas
16 articles 5 photos 151 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I would like to be remembered as a woman who did the best she could with the talent she had."


A girl proceeds to walk into her house after getting home from a late night of studying. Calling out her dogs’ name, she notices there is no reply from the animal that normally comes rushing to her side the minute she enters the house. She then calls out her roommates name, and again. No reply. Thinking that her roommate has just gone on a walk with her dog, she flips the light switch but the lights don’t turn on…
She then hears her cell phone ring like she had just gotten a message, so she goes on a mission to find it. Going into her bedroom, she feels around in the dark on her desk thinking that this is the place she would have left it. Knocking over a glass of water, she then decides to move on to the next room.
In the kitchen, the lights still won’t turn on. She tries to find her phone on the counter, but only feels something cold. Thinking its just ice cream set out to thaw, she moves on.
Going down the hall, she hears the ding of the phone and it sounds as if it is in the bathroom. She then goes into the bathroom, and hears a dripping noise. Pushing down the faucet handle, she decides to move on because she hears the ring in the next room.
Coming to the laundry room, lights still not turning on, she sees the faint glow of her cell phone. Picking it up, it says she has one new message. The minute she presses OPEN the lights flicker on. The message is empty, but looking up written on the walls is “Trace your steps”
Becoming scared, the girl backs out of the room and heads, back forward, into the bathroom. She then sees in the reflection of the mirror, her dog hanging from the shower-head dripping slow drops of blood. Frozen with shock, she just stops in her tracks staring at the horrible sight.
The phone then rings in her hand, a new message. It reads: Continue on… She then, fearful of her life, goes on to the kitchen. She then proceeds to see a hand on the counter where she thought was ice cream. Screaming, she bolts for the front door, but it is locked. Knowing there was a big window in her room, she proceeds to run there.
Coming into the room, she sees a huge puddle of blood dripping onto her floor from the desk. She had knocked over the container holding the gruesome contents.
“What do you want from me!?” the girl screams, hot tears running down her face. She then turns to the window to see a man holding a phone. Her phone rings. She looks down.
The message shows a picture of the same man holding her roommates and her head, dripping blood, their bodies hanging in the back round…


The author's comments:
One of my most commented on stories, enjoy!

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 19 comments.


on Sep. 7 2011 at 6:33 pm
rage_against_the_machine BRONZE, St. Augustine, Florida
4 articles 7 photos 106 comments

Favorite Quote:
Difficult takes a day. Impossible takes.. oh, about a week?

Basically, hah! You should check it out :D

on Sep. 7 2011 at 6:16 pm
Delictious GOLD, Lubbock, Texas
16 articles 5 photos 151 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I would like to be remembered as a woman who did the best she could with the talent she had."

Hmm... I've actually never heard that! Weird, that's VERY similar! I had no clue it was out there though! Great minds think alike I guess;)

on Sep. 5 2011 at 11:32 am
rage_against_the_machine BRONZE, St. Augustine, Florida
4 articles 7 photos 106 comments

Favorite Quote:
Difficult takes a day. Impossible takes.. oh, about a week?

Very creepy.. and I do appreciate a creepy story. 

But.

Pieces of this remind me of a horror story I read once, where a young girl is alone in a house, and, unbeknownst to her, her roomate and dog have been murdered, with the dog hanging from the showerhead. The only difference is that, in that one, she keeps putting her hand beneath her bed for her dog to lick, for reassurance. Later, she finds a bloody message next to her dog's body that says "Humans can lick, too."

I just felt like these had too many similarities. Other than that, good story.


on Aug. 16 2011 at 9:34 am
Delictious GOLD, Lubbock, Texas
16 articles 5 photos 151 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I would like to be remembered as a woman who did the best she could with the talent she had."

Haha, thank you! I do enjoy writing horror a lot(: But I also like to dable in other things as well!

on Aug. 13 2011 at 9:50 pm
musicispassion PLATINUM, Perris, California
35 articles 0 photos 733 comments

Favorite Quote:
" Life is never easy for those who dream."
There are so many other quotes i need pages to write them

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhH crepy scary horror is ur thing i would say i enjoyed it but i'm probably gonn a have nightmares :p good job scared me

on Jul. 30 2011 at 11:31 pm
Delictious GOLD, Lubbock, Texas
16 articles 5 photos 151 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I would like to be remembered as a woman who did the best she could with the talent she had."

Hahaha, it's really up to you to interpret. I try to leave it in the reader's hands to TRY to discover what happened in their own opinion, if that makes any sense.

This is one of the first things I REALLY wrote, like story wise. So thanks!

on Jul. 30 2011 at 7:25 pm
DaylightDarkness SILVER, Littleton, Colorado
9 articles 0 photos 102 comments

Favorite Quote:
Everyone's crazy. You know why? We all want to be normal. Well, we cant define normal, and, the people you can point at and say, well isn't he/she normal are rare. Doesnt that kind of defeat the pupose of normal? -My Friend

creepy. was that a ghostly flashback or something? I'm a little confused, but in a good way. hmmm.... i think im going to be a little worried during the next power outage.

on Jul. 26 2011 at 12:53 pm
Delictious GOLD, Lubbock, Texas
16 articles 5 photos 151 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I would like to be remembered as a woman who did the best she could with the talent she had."

Thanks! :D

on Jul. 22 2011 at 7:42 am
billgamesh11 BRONZE, Grafton, Massachusetts
3 articles 0 photos 278 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It's always darkest before the dawn." ~Florence and the Machine

You're welcome! And of course I'll read some of your other work!:):):)

on Jul. 21 2011 at 10:16 pm
Delictious GOLD, Lubbock, Texas
16 articles 5 photos 151 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I would like to be remembered as a woman who did the best she could with the talent she had."

Wow, thank you so much for your thoughtful comment! You could try checking out some of my other stuff, it isn't AS intense as this one(:

on Jul. 21 2011 at 7:53 pm
billgamesh11 BRONZE, Grafton, Massachusetts
3 articles 0 photos 278 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It's always darkest before the dawn." ~Florence and the Machine

Omg I am glad you didn't add any more detail, I have a weak stomach!!! I was just snooping around the Thriller/Mystery section seeing if I would like any of it, but after reading this, I don't think my stomach will be able to handle any other stories like this. But I am not saying that the story isn't good!!! It was really good for a thriller!!! But I guess thrillers aren't the type of story I like to read... But it DID thrill me, I felt my heart beating a thousand times a second when she was feeling around the house, and I KNEW that the "cold thing" was NOT ice cream, I almost wanted to read ahead to find out what it really was! You did a good job fulfilling the "thriller" part of the genre!!!:)

on Jul. 20 2011 at 9:31 pm
Delictious GOLD, Lubbock, Texas
16 articles 5 photos 151 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I would like to be remembered as a woman who did the best she could with the talent she had."

Thankk you!

 


on Jul. 20 2011 at 9:31 pm
Delictious GOLD, Lubbock, Texas
16 articles 5 photos 151 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I would like to be remembered as a woman who did the best she could with the talent she had."

Thankk you! And yes, I've always wanted to go back and add more detail. It moves a bit too fast in my opinion reading it back... Thanks for the comment!

on Jul. 18 2011 at 10:09 pm
whitstar27 GOLD, Edison, New Jersey
15 articles 0 photos 38 comments

Favorite Quote:
when life gives you lemons, make grape juice. Then step back and let the world wonder how you did it
and
when life gives you lemon, throw them back at life

I like this piece. Good job

on Jul. 17 2011 at 3:36 pm
TheSilverLaurel GOLD, Goole, Other
13 articles 0 photos 70 comments
this is great, but it could have been more descriptive. I like how it was sort of phsycological with the text messages.

on Jul. 16 2011 at 9:12 pm
Delictious GOLD, Lubbock, Texas
16 articles 5 photos 151 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I would like to be remembered as a woman who did the best she could with the talent she had."

Thank you so much!

on Jul. 16 2011 at 7:30 pm
TheHangingGirl BRONZE, Winter Haven, Florida
1 article 1 photo 250 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Poets utter great and wise things that they themselves can not comprehend."

Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.

on Jul. 15 2011 at 8:20 pm
Delictious GOLD, Lubbock, Texas
16 articles 5 photos 151 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I would like to be remembered as a woman who did the best she could with the talent she had."

This was one of my first real stories I wrote, written about 3 years ago(: I posted it for old times sake!
Yay! You thought it was scary!
And if you hadn't noticed, there's that lovely theme of grammar mistakes... Bahaha, I fail at proofreading!

on Jul. 15 2011 at 7:55 pm
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other
31 articles 6 photos 577 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

Scary!!!! I can totally imagine this being read around a campfire late at night while everyone's telling stories. This is really good, though you could improve a bit on the grammar. :)