You stole me away | Teen Ink

You stole me away

January 2, 2013
By londongirl90 SILVER, Hanworth, Other
londongirl90 SILVER, Hanworth, Other
9 articles 0 photos 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
"There is no excuse. If you want to write, write. This is your life, you are responsible for it. You will not live forever. Don't wait. Make the time now."- Natalie Goldberg


I opened my eyes. Everything was a blur. I waited for them to adjust to the darkness I was in. I was lying on a double bed, in a room I was not familiar with. Where was I? My head was pounding. I couldn't hear anything, just the tick-tick of the clock beside me. I looked around to take in my surroundings. There wasn't much furniture. Just a worn out looking arm chair in the corner, a wooden bedside table and at the very end of the room, a dusty book shelf. Was I suffering from Amnesia? I don't know how I got here. This isn't my bedroom, this isn't my house. I tried to sit up. The whole room spun wildly and I could feel sick forming in my throat. I suddenly felt a rush of nausea. I looked at the clock, 3:09 AM.
I tried to swing my legs to the side of the bed to attempt standing up. Each one of my legs felt about 300 pounds. It was impossible. I could hear a thumping sound, I didn't know whether it was from outside the room or inside my head.
I screamed. My throat was sore.
"Where the f*** am I?"
I looked down at my clothes.
Who ever kidnapped me had put different clothes on me. A beige tank top and dirty gray jeans. They weren't mine.
I screamed again. Fear was gripping me. My chest was tight, I couldn't even cry, I just screamed. Again and again and again.
"Help!" Why couldn't no one hear me?
There were no windows, the only light there was, was coming from the small lamp beside me.
I then heard floor boards creaking from just outside my room, and then the clanking of the locks on my door moving and then finally the doorknob turning slowly.
I had never felt fear like this before.
My chest was rising and falling as the suspense of who was behind that door gripped me even more.
The door opened and a tall dark figure appeared in the room.
I couldn't see anything, just the silhouette of a person. All I could make out was that he was male from his big tall build.
His footsteps were loud and heavy on the floorboards beneath him as he slowly made his way up to the bed I couldn't move from.
"Hello Ruby" His voice was deep, it scared the s*** out of me.
"Who are you? Just let me go, please!"
Every movement I made was painful.
I just wanted to get up and hit him.
"Calm down, you're not going anywhere" He replied.
He was so tall, he was easily six foot five. He made me feel so small and weak laying there.
He then did something awful, so awful, It makes me feel sick thinking about it, let alone writing about it. I loathed him, and I still do to this day. I still do not know who this man is. But he has scarred my life. Every day, I am afraid to wake up, I just want to stay in my dreams forever, at least they are not real. Everywhere I go, I am apprehensive. You made me feel worthless. You stole me away, away from everything I have. Away from my friends, family and home. I hope one day you feel as worthless as I do.