The Haunted House | Teen Ink

The Haunted House

By R34L-G4M3R BRONZE, Mitchell, SD, South Dakota
R34L-G4M3R BRONZE, Mitchell, SD, South Dakota

Why help others if you cannot help yourself?

It's one dark and stormy night in Emotion Woods, and I'm babysitting my little brothers (who are finally sleeping) for the night. I'm so hungry that I'm ready to go down stairs and eat left over spaghetti bake. So I hustle down stairs and into the kitchen and begin stuffing my face with spaghetti. Then lightning springs across the house, and out of the corner of my eye I see a glimpse of a small shadow. "Weird, I'm the only one awake," I think.

Eventually I finish eating and head over to the stairs. When I hear them creak, I look up to see nobody there. Next as I head up to my room, my door slams. As I go over to it and open it, nobody's in my room, so I turn around and my little brother Kolby is standing there. His head is crooked and he says "You scared?" in a creepy, gravelly voice. At this point I'm scared out of my mind.

Then I go to my bedroom and watch some TV for about hour when my ceiling fan falls to the floor waking everybody in the house, we gathered in the hallway up stairs, I told them everything going to be ok and the only person who isn't there is Kolby. Next the front and back doors slam and lock. "This house is haunted" I think. At this point I'm scared out of my wits, but I get this idea. It's a good thing I'm Christian because I've got some candles, crosses and a bible or two. I tell my little brothers what's going to happen and that's it's going to be ok. I hold on to a cross so we have a blessing, and books are flying, doors are slamming, lights are flickering and Kolby's on the floor and having a seizure, this was happening for about three minutes. When it stopped I could feel that whatever was there was gone. Finally I get my brothers back to sleep, and I go to bed myself.

I write thus story because I like mystery story it keeps me on the edge of my seat