Medusa Description | Teen Ink

Medusa Description

June 16, 2014
By Anonymous

Two royal blue pearls, shimmering in the light. Charcoal pupils, staring straight through my soul, piercing the only layer of happiness inside me. I feel I have become aware of myself, as the hairs on my arms prick. My body twitches, unable to move. My blood stream is slowly grinding to a halt. All the heat has been sucked from me. Then I feel nothing. I am nothing. Death has crawled up upon me, and slowly my thoughts disappear. My last image to be processed is those serpents that crane off her delicate head. I am not the only soul that has been taken by this deadly monster. Day in, day out I witness a gruesome attack. I guess I am not dead, just frozen in her cold, dark world. When an innocent soul enters, the beast acts normal, human like. She lures the poor person into her deadly trap. Her eyes at first covered with dark, murky shades, soon to be replaced with hungry eyes. Her "so called" hair is trapped beneath an ugly cloak, ready pounce. When the time comes her words begin to pierce, with persuading words. It becomes unbearable to resist. She reveals her eyes and releases her "hair". Your mind is blown. Her hair, serpents, cascading out from her scalp. Their scaly appearance taunting, the black and brown swampy spots glistening. Suddenly with no warning her clothing drops. Her true sculpture is shown. A pale turquoise body. No curves, no features. Black, cracked nails ready to slash at any surface. No feet, just a snake body with a frightening head. Without a signal, you’re gone. Frozen. Done for. You are her new statue. Her new friend. You'll never forget those two royal blue pearls, shimmering in the light and those charcoal pupils staring straight through your soul.


The author's comments:
This piece is simply a piece of school work, but I thought that t was quite descriptive and different.