Night At The School | Teen Ink

Night At The School

October 3, 2014
By malloriemcnamara BRONZE, Paragould, Arkansas
malloriemcnamara BRONZE, Paragould, Arkansas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

     It’s been two years since that Monday and I remember it like it was yesterday. That day I woke up thinking it was going to be a regular day. Little did I know I was more than wrong.
     “Do I have to go to school today?” I yelled to ask my mom as the alarm clock went off.
     “Yes Kailee,” my mom said, “Just because it’s Monday it doesn’t change anything.
     That meant that I had to start getting ready. As much as I didn’t want to go to school that day, I wanted to see my friend Ally.
     “Let’s go!” My mom said as she walked out the door.
     I had a regular day at school. The only good thing is that Ally got to come home with me. Even though school was normal, that didn’t mean the rest of my day was.
     “Kailee I forgot my backpack at school,” Ally said, “I have a bunch of homework. Can we go get it?”
     "It’s really late… but I guess so,” I said.
     I lived right by the school so we just walked. When we walked through the doors to the gym, we saw something so horrifying that we both gasped. It was our English teacher, Mrs. Kelly, hanging from the ceiling and she had been stabbed to death. We looked around to see if anyone was there. We saw no one, so we immediately called the cops. As soon as I hung up we both saw this janitor who we had never seen before. He had blood all over him but he wasn’t hurt.
     “Hey! Come here!” Ally screamed at him.
     He just kept walking with his head down. We were too scared to walk over to him so we just kept yelling hoping we would turn around, but he never did.
     The next thing we know, our principal, Mr. Jones, came in and turned the lights on. Ally and I looked over to where the janitor was before Mr. Jones walked in. The janitor was nowhere to be found. We turned back around to Mr. Jones and his mouth dropped open as he saw Mrs. Kelly hanging from the ceiling. He finally looked at me and Ally.
     “Did you two girls do this?” He asked. You could tell in his voice that he didn’t know what to do.
     “No Mr. Jones. We promise,” I said shaking because I was so scared.
     “Ally… Kailee… the only choice I have is to call the-“ Mr. Jones stopped talking as he saw the janitor charging towards him with a knife.
     Mr. Jones screamed as the janitor was stabbing him. Ally and I ran towards him but it was too late. He wasn’t breathing and it was a big bloody mess. The janitor walked off around the corner.
The cops finally came running in. We were lost of words so all we could do is point to the corner where the janitor had went. Ally and I followed the cops. The janitor was not there. We all searched the whole school and he was nowhere to be found.
     Every day at school Ally and I always saw the janitor just walking with his head down. We are the only ones that can see him. We could never talk to him, take pictures of him, or catch up to him. We tried everything. Mr. Jones and Mrs. Kelly’s murders still remain a mystery except to me and Ally.


The author's comments:









 







Preferences
















§









1









2









3









4









5









6









7









8









9









0









-









=









Backspace









 









Tab









q









w









e









r









t









y









u









i









o









p









[









]















 











Return











 













 









capslock









a









s









d









f









g









h









j









k









l









;









'









\









 









shift









`









z









x









c









v









b









n









m









,









.









/









shift









 















 











English


















 

















































 


















alt


















alt









 
















 







Preferences