The Fire | Teen Ink

The Fire

March 16, 2015
By Keys21 SILVER, Covington, Louisiana
Keys21 SILVER, Covington, Louisiana
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

She woke up to the horrendous noise, sirens wailing, people shouting, alarms blaring. She walked into the hallway and came upon the tragic and terrifying sight. People were running, screaming, shoving other people out of the way something was definitely wrong, that's when she saw it, the fire. The raging hot monster swept through the building, grasping its victims in its arms. It choked its prey with its thick, black smoke; the beast seemed to radiate with this smoke. This merciless beast left nothing behind, for once it had you in its reach there was no way to escape. For what she saw was a ghastly sight; the charred remains of plush chairs, scarred walls, peeling wallpaper, and what she hoped wasn't a person. The firemen desperately tried to douse the beast, but there was no use it was to strong. Unsatisfied with its hunger, the beast kept devouring and devouring till there was nothing more to the building than a pebble. This monster had snuck into the building silently, but the damage it did was loud.


The author's comments:

I was inspired to do this after my article was voted number one thank you to the editors.