INTRUDER | Teen Ink

INTRUDER

May 21, 2018
By kwinwin BRONZE, Houston, Texas
kwinwin BRONZE, Houston, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Three loud bangs on the front door come swirling through my ears. I get a text message from an unknown number, "open the door". As fear and panic go through my body, I pause and try and take a deep breath.

"OPEN UP YOU LITTLE BRAT" the walls in my one story house are thin, allowing me to hear ever word. I hated my sister. I hated her so much for telling me that horrible story, the one where a man dressed in black comes to your house in the middle of the night and kills you. I know it's a true story because of what I've heard on the news, but I still didn't want to believe it.


"LEAVE ME ALONE!!" I scream. No responses, I wonder if whoever was there left already. I didn't know who to call. Mom and dad were in California, and Nancy's out with her friends... again, and I didn't was to cause a burden to the police. Think of it, an 16 year old girl afraid because of what could be a joke.


I pull the covers over my head, it's 1:00 A. M. I open a small peep through my window to see if the person was gone, but as soon as my eye looks out, "BOO!" Nancy begins to laugh. "Stop! That wasn't funny, I didn't think you would come home tonight." I open the window and Nancy steps inside the house. Her face is all red and she looks like a mess with the stench of liquor coming from her breath. "Have you been drinking?" I ask. "Of corse not! Why would you ask me that?" Nancy says, as she jumps on my bed and begins laughing at nothing. From the looks of it, she's drunk, so someone must have drove her home.


Three loud bangs come from the front door once again.


"Okay Nancy, get the door for your friend, he or she is waiting for you." I say, I turn her face to get her attention, but she's asleep. "Oh wow, now I have to get the door" I whisper.


I open the door, no one. Maybe her friend left already, closing it, I leave to the kitchen. Three bangs, again, that's when my heart dropped, I can feel someone watching me. I rush to my room to get Nancy, she's gone. I then grab my keys and my phone and go through the back door and into my car. I'm about to leave as I dial 9-1-1, but before I get to call the police, I look behind me. A man, dressed in black.


The author's comments:

My piece was inspired by my broken window. I had a German Shepard and he constantly scratched the window, leaving marks. My teacher had an assignment where we had to write a story based on a photo and I saw how creepy my window looked at night. I thought it was interesting and it inspired me.