Bullyside... More Than Just One | Teen Ink

Bullyside... More Than Just One

By DLY1912 BRONZE, Birmingham, Alabama
DLY1912 BRONZE, Birmingham, Alabama

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Everything is dark. You feel all alone in the world. Like no one cares, loves, or even sees you. Except the one person you never want to. The one that hurts you every day and makes your feel worse than you already do. I've been there. I've see that, I've felt that. It's the worst feeling in the world. It's heart-wrenching. It destroys you and your self esteem and you struggle to build yourself back up for years. I was bullied to the point of almost over-dosing. I would look at bully-side stories every day, thinking that one day that might be me. More people than you may realize are bullied every day. More people than you know commit suicide every day because of bullying. But what people know even less often is that it's not just the bullies fault. It's also the watchers. The ones that watch it happen and do nothing to stop it or protect the victim. It's not just one persons fault for destroying an innocent life it's everyone around. The teachers that didn't help. The parents that just turned their heads. The children that just watched and laughed. Everyone is at fault. When you are pushed to the edge it seems easier to take that step forward and fall rather than step back and face the problem head on. That takes courage. Courage that even some of the bravest and strongest people don't have. I stepped back, and now I'm happy. I want bullying victims to know that they're not alone and that suicide truly is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I know it may seem like the torment will never end but I promise it will. And for those of you who watch and laugh and encourage, wait until you're on the other side of that. Then see who laughs at you, and realize that you did the same thing to someone else before. See how funny it is then.

I wrote this because of a personal experience in sixth grade. I was horribly bullied and I wanted to end my life. There were people who just laughed and encouraged the bullies. That hurt worse than the actual bullying itself. I want people to realize that.