Bullying Causing Suicide Has to Stop! | Teen Ink

Bullying Causing Suicide Has to Stop!

March 18, 2014
By Alex Mayernik BRONZE, Columbus, New Jersey
Alex Mayernik BRONZE, Columbus, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 2 comments

Bullying Causing Suicide Has to Stop!


There are many cases of suicide because of bullying and I strongly believe that it has to stop! Bullying has caused too many people to get hurt and some have even taken their own lives. The bullies never seem to have mercy. They may pick on someone for a year, maybe ten years. However, after a while, the victim may have just had enough. They don’t feel that there is any goodness left in the world, that no one will ever care about them again, and they may eventually commit suicide. I can not wait until people start to realize how much they are hurting the victims when they are bullying them.

A few signs of oncoming suicide is depression, people may start to become sad, and they may say goodbye to family and friends. Plus, they may give away their favorite things, talk about death or dying, and they may participate in life threatening activities that they most likely would not have before. These are some of the signs showing that someone may be considering suicide .

Cyber bullying is also a terrible issue that sometimes results in young teens taking their lives. A bully can either text them terrible things, group chat them miserable things online, or even someone could post something embarrassing that the person did on the internet that makes them feel horrible. Rebecca Sedwick was a victim of cyber bullying suicide. She was 12 years old when this occurred, and it all happened online. It’s very depressing to see articles online or stories on the news about suicide because I know that innocent people are dying due to other rude people (NY Times).
If anyone is considering suicide, just keep these helpful tips. The things that they say about suicide should be taken seriously and the person should seek help immediately. Parents should definitely let the school authorities know what is happening to their child. Plus, the parents should keep up to date with their child’s social networking site to try and stop the mean comments from happening. Another example, is to not have them around any weapons or medications.
Hopefully, bullying that causes suicide will be stopped somehow in the future. As I stated before, there are too many stories on T.V. and the internet about teen suicide with bullying. I hope that people start to understand where I am coming from with this issue.


The author's comments:
Bullying causing suicide has to stop in my opinion. It has caused too many young deaths and I am tired of seeing these types of events occurring in this world.