Center Rox! | Teen Ink

Center Rox!

I'm a teenager and I live in the subarbs. I got to a private religious high school. My school has an amazing community service program in which most of the school is signed up. There are a lot of oppurtunitys to help people. Some students go to local families while others volunteer at non-profit groups. My friends and I volunteer at a orginization called the "Special childrens Center" or as we put it 'Center'. 'Center' is a non-profit orginization that gives help to children with special needs. When we go, we watch and play with children with mental illnesses such as, Autism, Down Syndrome, and Cerebral Palsy, so that their parents and siblings can get a break. Meeting these kids has taught me to appreciate the small wonders in life and to recognize how much we really have.

I hope that those reading this short essay will be inspired to also go out and help those who need it. You have how much extra time?

Maybe try joining through the actual centerand not through an official cs director

babybunny94 PLATINUM, Santa Clara, California
i wanted to join a center that sounds like the one u work with but when i emailed the community service director she never emailed me back :(