Heather Molnar | Teen Ink

Heather Molnar

February 15, 2023
By kae1104 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
kae1104 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Mrs. Molnar is a 7th grade social studies teacher at North Shore Middle School. And the little time that I had her as a teacher and a role model left a big mark on who I am today. During my 7th grade year, just as school became much less enjoyable and classes became much tougher, there was always one class that I always enjoyed going to, Mrs. Molnar’s 7th grade social studies class.


My memory of Mrs. Molnar goes back to before I had her as a teacher. I started middle school in 6th grade. It was honestly a scary time because it was so different from elementary school. I always dreaded coming to school and didn’t enjoy any of my classes. One positive thing I do remember from 6th grade though was when I saw the 7th grade social studies teacher walk through the halls with her big slippers on with a huge smile on her face. I wished I had been one of her students.


Once 7th grade reached, I was very excited to have Mrs. Molnar as a teacher, and I was not disappointed when from the first day she welcomed all of her students with the warmest smile and the kindest eyes. If it wasn’t her kindness that made me love her so much, it was definitely her positive, engaging attitude that she brought to class everyday. From her kind attitude, I learned how everybody else in the world should behave and that I needed to replicate that kindness and positivity as well. She made me so excited to learn and formed the continuing love that I have for social studies. Her class also had a big impact on me socially. I grew to be who I am and learned to come out of my shell in her class. Her class helped me grow many friendships that still exist to this day. 


Another one of my favorite things about Mrs. Molnar is how she stood up for the underdog and made sure everybody was welcome in her class. For example, if a student had been picked on she would've made sure to immediately stand up for them and defend them. Another thing that made her such a special teacher is how committed she was to her job. I still remember her telling us, “I actually live in Madison and drive an hour to school everyday.” I couldn’t believe what I heard. I thought to myself How could a person love their job so much that they drive round trip two hours a day just to come to work? To this day I strive to find a job that I love as much as she loves hers. 


Whenever I look back to my middle school years, I will always realize how those three short years formed who I am today. I have many people to thank for helping me become who I am, one of those people being Mrs. Molnar. Thank you, Mrs. Molnar.