The Mind is an Evil Thing | Teen Ink

The Mind is an Evil Thing

By Brittbyheart SILVER, Yucca Valley, California
Brittbyheart SILVER, Yucca Valley, California

No matter what you do in life, in the end, the only person that will take impact is you.

Thinking; either it is on your side or not. You think about the cute boy who recently moved down the street and then you turn happy. And then you relies you still live with your mom who embarrasses you to the extreme and your mind plays all kinds of dirty tricks that make you stay away from that boy.
Thinking; either you love it or you don’t. You think about that ice cream float you got after school with all your friends. And then that one sad song played, and you almost started crying as the thoughts of your ex-boyfriend filled your head.
But the one thing, the one dreaded thing, about thinking is; you cannot stop it. Once you have a though in your head, you either suffer through the thought or force hard work to keep your mind off of it. Your mind is the most tortures natural device out there. Because, there is no way to get away from it. People say they cannot wait till night when they can escape it all with their dreams. Dreams are even more evil. They are so real, that when you wake up, you’re doomed with your old life again.
Do not get me wrong, the brain is a wonderful thing! But the mind? I think there are a few ticks that could be fixed.
GIRLS: You sit at home texting your boyfriend/crush and you tell him he is a nerd as a joke. Two, four, five minutes go by. Count how many times, in just that short five minute time period, have you though that he was mad at you? Then you text him again begging to forgive you for the harsh word you said, just to relies he was in the kitchen getting a drink.
BOYS: Your friend calls you saying he broke his leg going dirt bike riding. You start making fun of him, calling him names, telling everyone near you what happened, and cracking jokes. The phone cuts out and you freak out. You call him ten times and then an hour later you get a call from that same friend and you immediately burst out apologizing. Then your friend tells you that his crappy phone died and had to be recharged.
We all have a super power that we would kill to have. But how many of you have the desire to control the mind? Not many, I am willing to bet. I do not blame you, who wants that lame power when you could be invisible? Well think about it this way. You could be the smartest person out there! You are at home studding for a test tomorrow. You shut down all your thoughts except the ones that have something to do with the test. You study for a few minutes and then turn the rest of your thoughts back on and watch TV. The next day, when the test is sitting in front of you, you turn on the thoughts that have to do with the test, and bam, hello A plus.
The mind is more hurtful then helpful in many ways. But, that’s why you have a heart. So when you are shooting for the stars and you do not know which way to go, turn your mind on mute for a second and just listen to your heart. Because when you have nowhere to go, or you have no clue which side to choose, your heart will always be there urging you on for the right thing. Too bad our big heads always take the glory for they work the heart should be making all this time.

I could not sleep one night because I was thinking of something very dear to me; and vola, this article was born.