Preparing a Steak on the Stove | Teen Ink

Preparing a Steak on the Stove

By 4crowley BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4crowley BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Steak is a favorite among many people, with a variety of tasteful cooking styles. Tyler Pauly, a senior at Arrowhead located in Heartland, Wisconsin, loves the classic backyard grilled steak. But a year ago, Pauly sought to develop his skills in the usage of a stove top to enjoy his favorite meal during all seasons. In January of 2022, Pauly believes he developed the best process for a perfect tender, flavorful, and savory meal. 

Tyler states, “During the colder months, I find myself reminiscing on the unforgettable summer grilled steak.” 

The expert goes to the internet to research and widen his culinary knowledge, Gordon Ramsy’s video of his process to make a great steak was the first watching option. Gordon Ramsy gives the place to start, while he is a good chef, Pauly knows he can perform better in the kitchen. He says “The niceties are a  pan, olive oil, spices, seasonings, butter, and of course the best steak you can find.” Now set the pan onto the stove, flick it to medium heat, and wait for the pan to warm up. While waiting, start the seasoning with Tyler Pauly’s perfect mix of flavors to enhance the meat. In order to achieve this flavor, Pauly mixes the following ingredients… 

2 Tablespoons kosher salt
2 Tablespoons black pepper
2 Tablespoons garlic powder
2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
1 Tablespoon onion powder
2 teaspoons dried rosemary
2 teaspoons dried thyme

Now oil up the pan with some olive oil, and lay your steak over it to start the best part. Wielding tongs, watch carefully and place two tablespoons of butter into the pan and base the steak while it cooks. Flip the steak to sire both sides. Keep checking internal temperature; the best is 130 degrees for a good medium rare. 

This makes for a juicy steak that melts in your mouth. In comparison to the classic grilled steak, it can become burnt chard and dry, leaving a poor taste in your mouth. When made Pauly’s way, there is no steak to compete with the performance of the stove-cooked steak.

This piece was written to describe the experiences Tyler Pauly went through to make a steak on his kitchen stove. I liked asking questions with him and learning more from an expert.