Sacramento, My Home | Teen Ink

Sacramento, My Home

January 11, 2019
By dulcem013 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
dulcem013 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Keep your head up no matter what


My Sacramento, fresh, nice weather, birds chirping every morning when waking up. Those full green trees, making nice shade on sunny days while taking a walk around the park. On my afternoons going shopping with your friends, having a good time with no drama. Getting back home fast and safely. Late nights on holidays watching those nice bright colorful fireworks spreading on the sky.

I wish all this was true but it’s all a lie. Not being to able to walk around the park watching violence all around you, not being able to escape. Watching those homeless people walking around the streets asking for money. Waiting for your parents for dinner getting back from work but the bad traffic coming towards them not being able to escape for hours. I see trash all over the the neighborhood not being picked up to keep it clean and nice. My Sacramento is full of people who deserve better in life and people who are just ungrateful of what they have that many others don’t.

Writing this makes me feel aware, wanting to do something about it. Watching people throw garbage on the floor, having the grass turn different color. Having those smokey, nasty wildfire air going over the city, having those people you care have a lung disease and not survive. When going to school I may see those teenagers get into fights during passing periods or during lunch because of nonsense rumors that may spread around the school and outside of school.

Don’t believe everything you see on social media, listen to those who live around the place to understand what’s actually going on and understand how that place is a great place to visit and make it feel like home.


The author's comments:

Sacramento may be a nice place to visit but this is my perspective experience about it.