I'm Sorry | Teen Ink

I'm Sorry

By 916_lalo BRONZE, Sacramento, California
916_lalo BRONZE, Sacramento, California

Me and my dad always look at the auction online. It's like a thing we do and while I was on my phone he came across a BMW Z4.  He told me about it and we read the description in our head and it said “passenger side damaged and does not start."  He decided to buy it and we waited until the next day to pick it up at the place it probably was like 2 hours to get there in Stockton.  We went there and there were a variety of cars and it was like a man's dream garage.  We were going home and we were hungry and we saw this place called 5 Star Burger. 

I asked him “dad since were hungry we should try out this place and plus we never had it” In his mind, he was probably thinking “this place looks like sh*t and it's a small place” 

I talked him into it and we went into the lobby and I think we both got a number 9 which is called a Western Bacon. Something like that I got a Sprite and he got a Pepsi.  Once when we got our orders, we ate in the car and he was looking at me while I took the first bite to see my facial expression to see whether or not it was good or nasty.  I took a bite and it was so juicy I could taste it in my mouth right now it was way better than Mcdonald’s, Burger king all of that combined had no match.  He saw the juice dripping down my mouth and decided to take a bite when he smiled hard and I was confused since I'm Mexican. I never saw my dad smile and when I tell you it was a huge smile I got happy. 

We got home shortly after and it was missing a couple of pieces of the car and we searched online and it was expensive maybe like 900 dollars for some headlights. My dad said ¨no we’re going to find another car as a parts car¨. It’s been a few days but he ended up finding one and it was in nicer condition and it was convertible the color of the car was black. In the description, it said ¨not running¨ and he got it. The next day we got it and it was nice and everything it’s just the convertible part did not function but overall the car was neat. He said the first car we got is going to be the parts car and we transferred everything to the black BMW. My pops was tinkering with the motor and he got it running. I was in my room the whole time he was figuring out because I didn’t want to bother him. He came to my room and told me the car runs but the thing I did not know is that it had no oil in the motor. So I and my dad got the headlights and everything from the other car and transferred it to the black BMW. It was nice all it need was the front grill and it was complete so my pops ordered an M sports grill. On that exact day, my dad left for the store to buy oil, and a couple of minutes later my uncle stopped by to buy a few things from my mom. I called him in a hurry I said ¨ Junior come out to the backyard¨ and he did and saw the BMW and he said ¨ It came out nice really clean car¨.   I  was excited so I turned on the car and it sounded nice like for some reason it sounded like it was a turbocharged car. Shortly after I turned off the car and we went inside and he purchased the stuff from my mom and went on with his day.

Shortly after my dad came home and he had oil I was in my room listening to music and all I hear is ¨ CARLOS COME DOWN HERE NOW!¨ I was scared and wondering what I did and the anxiety was kicking in. I was walking to the back and I see my dad mad and he said ¨did you turn on the car?¨ and out of fear I responded ¨no I didn’t why?¨ and he said the motor had no oil and now it’s making a weird noise and the guilt was kicking in because the motors are expensive. I realized that before you do something you always have to check what’s wrong before you do something. 

It resembles to always double-check before you plan on doing something and to revise it