she was 14 | Teen Ink

she was 14

By kittkattbarr PLATINUM, Austin, Texas
kittkattbarr PLATINUM, Austin, Texas

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
-RF

I have a story to tell you, one that you most likely have heard before and one that you will hear again.
She was 14 when she 'fell in love' with you. You were cute and funny, you laughed at her jokes and payed attention to her. Yes you were somewhat of a duche but really it didn't matter. No one is perfect and to tell you the truth it was actually sorta sexy. She had a boyfriend at the time but he didn't matter, you were just so much better. She soon broke up with him just because of you, because she thought she had a chance no matter how small or irrelevant to you it was.
But soon she figured out how dumb she was for that. she had no chance with you no real luck. Not even a miricale would make you look at her that way and so she gave up. She did her best to stop caring,shoving you to the back of her mind. She started dating again. A boyfriend here a more then friend there. Troubles at home kept her mind busy and she rarely saw you.
Then it happened again, she saw you more her heart was weak, maybe or she just hadn't been doing her best to keep you out of her mind. What ever the reason was. She wasn't over you anymore, though now at 15 she felt wiser, a girl better acquainted with 'love' and she knew that this, this was not love it was just a crush.. An impossible, painful, horrible crush.that was all. Lucky for her the summer came and she forgot.
Boyfriends and family kept her mind astray and so when she came back that next year for the emotions to hit when she first saw you when she heard your voice and listen to your voice. Again she fell for you and again she broke up with her current boyfriend. But this time it wasn't because she thought she had a chance.
This year you were meaner but at the same time nicer. You payed more attention and took her under your wing. She still knew it was impossible for you to like her. Almost hating herself for even letting you in again.
Now at 16 she sits by her window not wondering why you don't like her or why your so mean. But who will come along and save her from her dying heart. Or when will she have a chance to or even get up the guts to just ask you once and hear you say those two little words N.O. So she can just walk away and give up. But until then. I will stand here and watch patiently as she chases after a boy who neither cares about her or knows about her feelings.
So when that day does come, when she does ask you. Just say no, brake her heart and let her cry. hen walk away and let her cry. Then walk away and let her be saved by a boy who does deserve her. not someone like you.

this is the story of many girls and guys who read it. If you think of one girl who might fit this then you need to talk to her. Don't avoid her don't avoid it. And no you don't need to ask her out but don't forget to give her a chance. Let her get over you so she can move on stop braking her heart.

PT497 said...
This is amazing! keep writting

kittkattbarr PLATINUM, Austin, Texas

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
-RF

Thank you, you should look at my other stuff

julyjuly BRONZE, Dover, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
wow...keep writing