Love In Itself . | Teen Ink

Love In Itself .

By TaylorMariee GOLD, Indianapolis, Indiana
TaylorMariee GOLD, Indianapolis, Indiana

Dont Tell Me The Sky Is The Limit, When There Are Footprints On The Moon.

Its not every day that you find someone who loves you for who you are. Its not every day you find a love that is pure and true, and its definitely not every day that you find someone that brings you a life time full of happiness and hope. I have not been all that successful at past relationships but I can tell you some things about love . I know that you should never fall to fast for someone, before you really get the see the person they are after time passes. I know that you should give your all no matter the situation, so that way in the end no one can say you didn’t try. But there is something very important I learned too; and that was when you are with someone that doesn’t treat you the way you should be treated its best to walk away because you should never down grade your self to be with someone. However, in that same breath when you find that one person that you have always dreamed about being with and that one person that makes your heart skips beats; but better yet the person who you make the happiest they can be. Never let that go. Its hard to find someone that needs your love as much as you need theirs. I am a firm believer that we were given two arms, two hands, two legs, two eyes, and two ears so that way we can smell, see, embrace, dance, and feel on our own, but I think we weren’t born with two hearts because some where in the world there is someone that posses that other heart, and is just waiting to be found. Not every thing in life has an answer, and its probably best that way. The truth is you shouldn’t try to answer every question you have through life because some answers are best left unknown. Live in the moment, don’t even stress about something that could happen or might happen. Life is about chances and finding where you belong in this world. They say all men were created equally but that doesn’t mean all men are alike. Every person is meant to stand out and be there own independent person with their own independent likes and their independent dreams. It may seem that in a world like our own that its impossible to find the right one. But the secret is don’t look to hard because sometimes the person you have been waiting for is right in front of your face. I am only 16 years old but I have been in a lot of childhood relationships, and when I got older I got my heart broke often. I was in a relationship that last for almost three years. It was a horrible three years. At first everything was how it was supposed to be, that person treated me like a princess and did everything under the sun for me. But after timed passed, I began too see a person come out in them that I had never known. It was then that I realized that time goes on and people change. In the end the person that I got with wasn’t the person I thought they were. I held on for a long time, just hoping that maybe if I kept loving as strong as I could they would realize my love and come back. But, in all honesty in the back of my mind I knew it wasn’t going to happen. I knew that wasn’t what was best for me and that it definitely wasn’t what I needed. So I made the choice to move on because in that point in time I thought I had no other choice. Eventually, I came to the point where I was ready to give up. I didn’t want to try to love anymore, and I never thought that I would find someone that needed my undying love like I needed theirs. I went on with life having little non meaningful crushes, and “loves” here and there, but it was never anything that I counted on lasting. But one day, I met a girl who ironically was looking for the same things in life that I was. I was so skeptical because I had heard so many things about this girl. I had heard that she lies, and that she cheats. In that point in time, I decided to put what I had heard before behind me, and give it a shot. The girl and I started hanging out, and I seen a lot of qualities in her that made me think of the person that I needed in my life. There was something about this girl that made me smile more than I had smiled in a long time. She was so carefree, loving, sweet, honest, and delightful. It wasn’t long before she started sharing her feelings with me, she told me what she thought about me. It was nice to hear her say these things to me because it had been so long since I had heard them. Over a week in time, I was falling pretty hard. I did nothing but think about her. She was the only person I wanted to be with, the only person in the world I cared if I talked to ever again. Soon I felt the walls I had built to protect my heart from another painful shatter coming falling down. Those walls were broke into a million little pieces, but for once I knew that she would be there to make sure my heart was safe, and to give me the love she knew would mends all my chips and cracks. One day after school, I went to her house, and we talked about a lot of stuff. She kissed me for the first time, and I have to admit that was the best and most undeniable feeling in the entire world. We walked to the park together, and sat on the picnic table and held each other. And then the unthinkable happened, She grabbed my face so my eyes could meet hers and asked me to be her girlfriend. I could have just melted right there in my seat. There were so many thoughts going through my head. I believe the first thought had to be, “Yes I will be your girl, A million times yes.” And the second one had to be “I can’t believe this perfect, and amazingly beautiful girl sitting right here in front of me, wanted me the be the special one in her life.”. From this day on, We were inseparable. She became every part of my world, and I never want it change. She is my everything, and will be until the day my heart stops beating. She understands that I am broken, and all she wants is the chance to show me real love. And I am trying my hardest to put the past behind me so that I can move forward with the girl of my dreams. I could never see myself without her in this life time. I hope and pray every day that one day she will know just exactly how much she means to me. And I hope that one day she will know I will never hurt her, and that if she gives me her all, then I will be my her side showing her the greatest deal of love and compassion that she has ever known. I believe that you have to first become very weak before you can become strong, so I believe that my heart was broken because those heart breaks were leading me right down this road to the love of my life. I would relive those past situations if it meant that in the end I would be right back here with her. The crazy thing is that I can see my self with her forever. I can see this love lasting behind the amount of years in ones life. I am not the type of person to break promises. I have promised this girl that I would love her no matter what, I told her that regardless of how tough times are I would stand by her side and we would pull each other through the wreckage. I promised her that I will never love another like I love her, and that my heart is only hers. These promises have also became the foundation of the love we are building stronger everyday. With that being said, if I was to ever break these promises I know I would hurt her, I would be a liar, and I would become the stupidest person alive for messing up something like a chance at life with someone that is beyond what my wildest dreams could wish for. No one can nor will ever change the way I feel about her. When love is true, and pure like this one the only thing that can break it is the people who are in it. I vouch that I will never let anything in this entire universe tear us apart, and that I would hold on tight if that means I will die knowing she understood my love for her, and could go on and live her life with happiness and joy. This is my story, and it is just proof that if you keep loving regardless of what has happened, eventually you will find the one love that means the world to you, but in return you mean the world to them. And I promise you on the day you find this love, the day you find your soul mate you will know exactly what I mean. You will understand what promises that need to be made, and what needs to be done to ensure that the other person feels your love everyday for the rest of their lives.

This article was wrote about how I have felt previously about love compared to how I feel now.