Worst School Moment | Teen Ink

Worst School Moment

December 16, 2016
By Anonymous

My worst school moment was my first year of 2nd grade.  I was just diagnosed with bipolar and was taking new meds and wasn’t used to them. And someone made me mad so I jumped up  on the top of my desk and started cutting up my backpack with scissors. When I got up on the desk my teacher than asked what I was going and yelled me to get down and all of my classmates looked at me like I was psyco ever since then I’ve been the laughing stock of the senior class...

I used to hangout with all the popular kids than they found out several years later that I had ADHD and Bipolar and didn’t want to be friends with a kid that could randomly flip out on you without any heads up or warning. Who wants to be friends with a kid that’s considered psycho.


I know I’m not the most handsome or smartest but why should you judge someone just because they have anger issues, I know we are not easy to get along with but once we get comfortable around you we mello out. Knowing I’ve  made a bad name for myself and hung out with the wrong crowd, It  has taken me this long to realize that and just now wanting to change my ways. But it is hard to change but you have to put your mind to it and stick with it. 


However at 19 years old I’ve been put on depression and anxiety medication because I have no friends and I feel like everywhere I go I am being judged and I feel out of place like I don’t belong there. Slowly but surely I am changing my ways and one day I will be a new person and when people see me they will be like there's that new Tanner Miller kid.  I try to stay of the way of other people so they don’t have a reason to judge me. Why judge someone by what they look like and not what’s on the inside?


That’s why I sit alone in most classes or I hangout with Juniors because they don’t know the story and why I have no friends.. I’ve wanted to drop out of school so many times because I can’t handle all of the stress and all the eyes that I feel staring and judging me.