The Best Day Ever | Teen Ink

The Best Day Ever

It's the end of the day. I get onto the bus and sit down. Then all of a sudden, for some odd reason I feal this rush of excitement. I thought that maybe it was just because it was Friday. I get to the bus stop and instead of seeing my mom I see my Grandmother. My older sister Tory and I get off the bus and say hi to our little sister Juliette. Then we ask our grandmother where our mom is.

As we are walking across the street to my house my grandmother says,  “It's a secret.”

My sister and I look at each other with confusion in our eyes. We are heading to go into her car to go to her house and I spot this note. It's on my garage door. Then I say, “Look, look there's a note on the door!!!!!”

My sister grabs the note and gives it to my Grandmother. It says, “Hi, girls it’s mom and dad. We are out to grab something. You will go to your Grandmother’s house and do you homework and possibly have dinner depending on how long it takes.”
Love,
Mom and Dad

We get to my Grandmother's house and we are told to do our homework before we do anything else. So we do as we are told. As I was doing my homework, I periodically stopped to think of what my parents could be getting. I thought of things that I wish it could be but won't happen and things it could actually be. I wished it could be a dog or a pet or something cool like that. I knew that would not happen so I thought of logical things. Like they were out for dinner or getting some bedsheets or something like that. By the time I was done it was time for dinner.

It was time to go home, and I was so excited to see what my parents got. As we drive to my house we all were just suspensefully waiting to be home. As we got home I heard barking and I'm like that's weird. It's probably not from our house.  I get out of the car and the barking gets stronger and stronger. It was snowing and I so intruded that I did not notice. I went up each step acting like a spy. The barking got louder and louder, and i got more and more excited. I get to the front door open it. At first I don't see anything so I put my stuff done wn on the ground. Then I hear scratching and I run around the corner and I see a dog. I had no words neither did anyone else. My sisters and I all just ran over to her and petted her and hugged her. Our parents told use not to say the word treat that she knows what it means. We all wanted to sleep downstairs but we could not. She had to sleep downstairs and we had to sleep upstairs. It was so hard for me to fall asleep but the after a while I did and woke up in a second.

This is 6 years later I'm in 7th grade. I still have my dog today and she’s 6 years old. She is a yellow lab and is still as cute and she was. She is a medium size dog, she sheds a lot, and she is very soft. She has learned how to sit and lay down and so much more . We are still working on paw. She's really cute and soft. She love to play ball and everyday I pass a bucket of treats outside a flower store and I always grab her one. She's the best dog anyone could ask for.

This is about how I got my dog. She is my best friends. I have no idea what I would do without her. I race with her across my house. I have won a few time. Just kidding like 2 times. I woul wake up at 12 if it weren’t her her licking my face and laying on top me in the morning. Well that would not be so bad but I would rather wake up to her at 8ish then nobody at 12.