Robin Hood | Teen Ink

Robin Hood

By LIStarr, Freeport, Maine
LIStarr, Freeport, Maine

"That could've gone a lot smoother but okay." ~Me;2018

Author's note:

I wrote this for English please enjoy

Everyone had their own special thing that made them different, something that made them who they are. Whether it was, they could draw so good that it looked real or that they had a rare gene which changed their eye color and they had two different eye colors. Sometimes being different isn’t fun, but at the same time, it is because you know that no one could replace you no matter how much they tried. NO one could ever have the same laugh as you or interests, or family. I am the middle child, I have five older siblings and four younger. We all had different strengths, Levi who’s now 25 is the oldest he had seven good years before the next child was born, he’s very good at being independent, unlike my sisters Alyxandra and Arista who are leaders to us younger kids, they’re always ready to back someone up or take charge in a group. My little sister Nova who’s twelve is good at being extremely creative, she’s always drawing, painting, doing some form of art. That's her strength, but right now my only strength is panicking, for I am not home, I’m someone where else, somewhere that’s not my earth, somewhere where the United States doesn’t exist. Somewhere where I can be myself, not the middle child constantly being babied by my older siblings or being goody-two-shoes for my younger siblings. Where they need my help…

I began to blink rapidly to adjust my eyes to the sudden exposure of sunlight. I rub them then open them slowly, black dots dance in my vision, I look around, all around me what grass and flowers, except for behind me. I turn to look behind me, forest, it was a thick dark forest filled with trees, it was pitch black even though it was mid-day and the sun is in the middle of the sky, the grass I sat it was cool, I brush my hands over it loving the feeling it gave my hands. I push my hands to the ground and then push myself up, I use my hands to flip back my long curly golden brown hair, I then again look around, I had an advantage since I was now standing. I felt the cool grass and dirt on my feet, I look down. I have no shoes… Why do I have no shoes! I wasn’t in my leaf covered backyard, even if I was I would still have shoe’s on, My fathers made me wear shoes, saying it wasn’t safe to not wear them unless I was in my own house or the owners of some house I’m visiting told me to take them off. I look down the hill I was on and could see smoke and the tops of little houses, that made my heart skip a beat, I could find out where I was. I began walking forward but quickly stopped as I felt something scratching my legs. I look down again to see I was wearing some type of burlap skirt, I sigh and close my eyes. This kept getting worse, burlap? For real?! The most hideous and uncomfortable fabric known to mankind, yet here I was wearing it, along with a black tank top and shawl. I hated this outfit, if anyone saw me wearing it they would quickly have some smart insult to tell me, and if my father. Oh, gods, if my father saw me wearing this he’d have a heart attack, my father Taz Lightwood, fashion designer to half of Hollywood, would be beyond embarrassed to see me wearing this. I wanted to scream and cry, I ball up some of the awful fabric and pull it up so it wouldn’t brush against my legs and ran down the hill, I stop at the bottom of the hill where the grass met the dirt, I was used to walking on rock driveways barefoot. But I looked up to see the entrance of what looked like a village, people were using fires to cook food, and carrying wood to their homes, wearing even worse clothing then I was. Something didn’t feel right,  something in my chest told me to run, but it also told me ‘Hey Rain, you’re just an anxious mess everything's fine, go ahead meet some weirdos who could possibly kill you’ I close my eyes and let go of the fabric and use my hands to rub my temples. My head was pounding, I couldn’t gather the fact that I was somewhere, dressed differently and have no idea where I am. Was I kidnapped?...