The Lie | Teen Ink

The Lie

October 29, 2019
By Anonymous

The author's comments:

This is the only chapter I didn’t put chapters in.

“Good morning Art.” My mom screamed but I didn't want to get up so I put a pillow over my head. A few minutes later “I SAID GET UP NOW!” She screamed as loud as she could.

 “I AM UP!” I snapped back and got up.

 I changed into my favorite hoodie some dark jeans and put on my combat boots. I walked outside and noticed its was dark. So  I checked my watch it said 4:00 A.M. So I walked to my mom's cabin which is next door. I knocked and walked in. I saw my mom started packing. “Odd” i thought to myself. I ran in front of her without considering the punishment 

“Wow hold on, where are we going when it’s 4 in the morning?” I said confused. 

My mom said calmly “We have a long journey ahead go get ready and make sure you have a lot of arrows on you and bring your dagger you might need it.”

 “Oh so you tell me to pack but you’re not going to tell me where.” I said madly as I cross my arms.

 “You are just like your dad it doesn’t matter where, just listen for once please just this one time.” My mom begs me. 

I looked up at my mom. Her dark fierce green eyes were gone and replaced with these sweet kind green eyes,  her dark blonde hair usually nice and down now it’s all messy, her sharp face features now gone. Now she looks like she is on the edge. It wasn't like “Her to beg me. She would of slapped me. Something is wrong. So I will agree I guess... for now.” I thought to myself. “Alright,I will listen.” I said calmly. "

Good" she said contentedly as I slammed her door shut. I walked into my cabin and ran into my bedroom and looked into the mirror and though God  I really do look like my dad to myself. Even though I had never don't know what he looks like because he left when I was young and he took my twin brother with him. My mom has a picture of him in her cabin. With my dark deep fierce blue eyes cold as ice and my long dark brown hair and my light skin. I hated how much I looked like my dad. How he caused us so much pain. I started to cry. I hated to cry, my mom says “it is just a sign of weakness”. So I got up wiped my tears. And got to work. I sat down and worked on making arrows I worked for 2 hours afterwards my hand was killing me. I made sure I brought my sword. My sword had a 6 inch blade, the grip is a 3 inch long piece of wood wrapped in leather and at the end there's a crescent scratched into the leather, and on the point there is a half of a sun that is painted into it. I put my sword into the belt then looked into the mirror and now I really look like my dad. I run into my bedroom and look into my mirror and noticed that I could use a hair cut. So I cut my hair so it very short and shaved the back. Then I packed a hoodie and jeans and some extra arrows and I put them into a leather bag. Then I headed to my next door she was ready to go. “Do you got your sword?” I asked her in a small voice.

 "Yes I do I also have food.” she replied quickly then she added “The journey should take half a day and a half back.”

 I looked out her window and the sun was rising. My mom looked at me and asked if “I was ready to go?” I looked at her and just nodded my head because to be honest if I would've said yes my voice would be shaky and my mom sees that as a sign of weakness. A few hours passed and we were heading up a mountain that I have never been on. Which is kinda weird because I been on all of the mountains or so I thought. My mom told me “shhh.”And got up and walked on the side of the mountain. So I grabbed my bow and got my arrows and got ready.Then my mom stopped and said “This is how far I can go all you have to do stay on this trail until you get to the spot where the trail splits into 4 take the one that has a big black rock. That is the one you want to take that one.Then about 5 miles the path comes back as one again. When that happens get of the path and walk towards the mountain until you get to the side then look for dark black color in the shape of a sun. Then there should be a little hole in the shape of a half moon put your necklace into the hole and it should open.” she said in a hushed voice. My necklace is a crescent moon, it looks like it's missing pieces and changes color in daylight it's white and at night it's black. I was puzzled. I asked “Why can't you come?”

And she said “I did my job,I taught you well, and now my time is up.”She started to gasp for breath then said “I love you.” in the weakest voice I have ever heard. Then as she fainted right in my arms I dropped my bow and arrow and I knew right there and right then she had passed on. I look down at my mom. Her tan skin now gone replaced by this pale skin. I started to cry but I knew that is what my mom would not want me to do. So I rolled my mom off of me then got up and started to dig a hole for her with my hands then I heard a voice in my head saying “Just leave me it’s alright this is the way I want to go.” So I left her and picked up my bow and arrow and  continued on the path. The path split in 4 just like she said. So I found the one with a big black rock but there was a note. It said.

November 10 2000

Dear Eso and Art, I’m sorry that I had to split you guys up when you were little. But if I kept you guys together you. You guys would of been too powerful for your own good and attract more powerful enemies. I couldn’t risk that. So I had to split you guys up. To keep you guys off the radar.  But now you are older, In fact 16 years old. It’s time for you guys to get back together and start to join forces and work as one. I'm so sorry but the time has come.

    Ps find the others.  


If you see this symbol run

¥


Love

 Your dad.

After reading that I had so many questions like my twin Eso and the others and what forces and dad I thought he was... All of a sudden I heard a loud noise like arrows hitting the targets.Then I heard a drop like a person dropping from a tree. “Hi I’m Thea and you’re Art I’m going guess.” I spun around as fast as I could. Then I saw her she was looked extremely like my mom, with the blond hair, fierce eyes but they were gray not green. Then she said, “I know I look a lot like our weak little pathetic mom she is an excuse for a human.” Then before I knew it, I drew my dagger and pounced on her. One moment I was on top and the next I was in the dirt with my sword to my neck. “A little rusty I see. Nice try you almost had me.” She said with a grin on her face just then I saw her necklace and mine they were somehow attached. And that was the last thing I could remember. Now I am in a cave alone and confused. I got off the bed and look around then I noticed that the cave had six side chambers and one main chambers. I looked around the room then I saw ART scratched into the wall above the bed. Then I almost stepped on another note.

 

November 17 2000

You are up finally. You  been out for a week . There is food in the fridge. Your bow is hung up in the armor chamber. You can come and leave whenever you want. I be back tonight see you then if you there. I needed to hunt. 

Good luck

Thea. 


So I started to look around. the first chamber I went into was the armor chamber. I found my bow and arrows and my sword and dagger. It was hanging up just like she said. Then I checked my watch it said 5:30 pm. I started to feel hungry so I went into the kitchen and found a lot of meat already cooked. ”That’s weird i thought to myself.” But  I ate it anyways and it was good. Then I saw  ¥ I started to pull out my dagger and walked to it. When I got to the ¥. I found a note. It says.

 November 17 2000.       

Hey Art, how are you doing. I have your mom and dad! 

If you want them back  just give me your necklace and your sister and  your brothers necklace . 

By December 31 2000.

 Hahahaha.

Good luck 

Your uncle

Hades


Then it was gone. And the little light it provided was gone too. Now I was standing alone in the darkness. In a cave that is I wasn’t in before. Just then my necklace started to glow with a map on it. 

Then I heard an eerie and loud voice. “ Good luck hades is impossible to bear.” It sounded like the necklace said it. 

“Shut up!” I told the necklace.

 “Sorry” the necklace said.

 All  of a sudden I heard a loud bang. I ran to the sound blade at the ready. I saw Thea fighting a beast with 6 arms. I ran to help her. But when I got there she had killed it. It fell to the ground with a loud thud.

 I asked confused “what was that thing?” 

She said calmly “It’s  a minotaur.”

 “A min what?” I said still confused. 

She snapped and spoke coldly “ A minotaur is a beast with a head of a bull and a body of a man”.

 I said, still a little confused “oh ok and shouldn’t the body still be there?”

 I looked where the body was and noticed that the body was gone but Thea’s arrow was there marking the spot just moments before were the monster laid. She explained calmly“When a beast is killed it body goes back to the underworld.”

“ok.” I said trying not to sound puzzled. 

Then I remembered that name Hades ugh I feel so stupid how could I forget that name. “So where can we find this underworld”. I asked calmly. 

She asked in a shaky voice, “why would you want to go down there?”

 Just then I had a flashback.. 

I saw 2 kids one looked like me but younger. I looked about 5. The other kid looked like my twin brother. Then I saw someone maybe my dad. Then I saw my mom but younger and she looked pregnant. My dad said in a soft but harsh voice. “We have to split them up or they are going to be in more danger. Then he pointed at us. “But what am I gonna do about Jasper?” My mom said in a quiet sad and scared voice as she pointed to her belly. 

I noticed A little girl was peeking out from behind my moms dress. “ and what about Thea” mom added. “I don't know what to do about Jasper quite yet but Thea can go live with Hades he always wanted a child.” My dad said quietly. Then the room when black.

Then I was standing in the same room I was just a little while ago. She was gone. So I decided to look around more. I went into the first side chamber I found.  It looked like Thea’s room. Just then out of the corner of my eye I saw a book. I pulled it out from under the bed. It had a dark blue cover protecting the many pages. I started to flip through it and noticed one of the corners of the book was folded down. So I flipped to that page.

november 9 2000

I finally found her. Hades will be so proud.

I been watching her for awhile. I think I'm gonna get prepared. Then I strike. She won't know what hit her.  Me and Hades will finally get revenge.

T

I thought “what revenge and why and who is her.” as I flipped the page.

November 10 2000

Today is the day. I poisoned the meat. Kidnapped out mom. Replaced her with our aunt which is the twin so she will never know. So easy. I even had a little conversation with Hades. When she gets a little comfy here and starts to trust me i'm gonna take her on a trip to the underworld.

T


November  11 2000

I messed up I mean big time. I let Art get my necklace. I can't let her get Eso or Jasper necklaces or game over for me. Only issue is I don't know where they are. I was lucky to find Art. I didn't think I would ever find her. It was just luck. Thanks Hades to I now know that one of them is in the city of roses I just need to figure out where that is. I thought I would find Eso first but I was wrong. I got to find them first before her. 

T

  

November 12 2000

Art is passed out cold. My plan is going well. I wish I could kill her now but Hades wants me to wait till she wakes up then bring her to him. We are going to have fun with her.

T

 

 

I put the book away quietly and got up. I had many questions so I decided to go back to the chamber I was in when I woke up. I got back there and noticed my bag was sitting on the bed. I look inside everything was still in it my moms dagger and the food she packed. I remembered Thea’s necklace was attached to mine I felt my neck and realized that I still had my necklace. ‘‘Thank god I still have it.’’ I thought to myself. Then my necklace said in a commanding voice 

‘’Go to the library.’’ I listened without question. I looked to see if the cave have a library. It does have a library. I went inside to find part of the library is above ground. The library was at least 6 feet tall. Bookshelf reaching for the floor to the end of the walls on the side. The glass dome above had beams of moonlight shone down.The bookshelves looked like they were made out of an ash wood and the shelving was a britch wood. The bookshelves curved around the center. In the center it had 3 round jade tables and 3 rocks that were smooth at the top and acted as chairs. Everything looked like it was in its proper place. I grabbed my necklace and asked nicely “why did you tell me to go here?” 

It said quietly “look for the bookshelf with a book missing it should be missing a book on the 3 shelf.’’

 I obeyed. I looked on what felt like millions of bookshelf. After awhile I got tired of looking and it felt like I was never gonna find the bookshelf. Right when I was about to give up, I found it, It was hidden away in the west side. I looked at the 3rd shelf and just like the necklace said it was missing a book. I asked the necklace nicely “Now what should i do now?’’

 It answered  ‘“The one above the missing book pull it out.’’

 I do so “Now flip to page 406.’’ It said harshly.

 I listened I flipped to that page and found this.

 

    The Lie

  When 4 kids been spilt up at birth

One will turn evil and change sides

       A and her necklace must find the others

But She don't know where they are

One will be in the city of  smoke

Unwanted by the world but needed by a few

The other lost in the city of roses

Unharmed by the thorns but bruised by the weeds

 


“What does that mean?’’ I asked the necklace confused. 

The necklace responded meanly ‘‘ that’s what you have to do go to the city of roses and city of smoke to find your siblings before Thea dose.’’ 

So I put back the book and walked out of the chamber.Then I knew i needed to go home to get things and find were these places are. I  looked for the exit when searching for quite some time I found it. As I stepped outside the bitter fall air hits my body. I wanted to go home to get some stuff to find my siblings. I headed down the mountain passed by my mother copse witch now almost unrecognizable by the pieces of flesh tore out and the dirt and leafs in her hair. When I got back home it was midnight. I went inside the cabin changed clothes and feel sleep. I was awoken by scratching at my door. I checked my watch it read noon i placed my hand on my head not wanting to get up. But soon the scratching turned to wimpers that got louder by the second. I got up and throw the blankets on the bed I grabbed my mother's dagger. And went outside. There was a mother wolf with her pup on my porch. I yelled at them to go away and they just sat there like they didn’t hear me puzzled. I yelled at them to go away aging and they just sat there looking at me. So I walked around them and walked to my cabin. I found a 2 notes.       

November 19 2000  

Hey Art,  Tick tock. I starting to get tired of waiting. I’m starting to get a little impatient. I might have to hurt you parents to pass time. Don’t try to pull any tricks. Remember I’m the god of tricks. 

Hurry up or your parents will pay the price. I don’t want to do that

But I will if I have to. Good luck.

Tic tik

Ť And Hades  

“That's right” I thought to myself. Then that note disappeared. The other note.


I'm sorry that I didn't prepare you for this. I just thought that the less you know the safer you are. But listen in my cabin under my bed there is something for you.  I also sent you 2 wolves they are going to help protect you. I also know where the city of rose is look under the bed. Please forgive me. Dad said he loves you and he is sorry. I got to go. Remember look under the bed.

Sorry 

      mum and dad. 

Then that note disappeared. I ran quickly to her bedroom. And looked under my mom’s bed to find a rusted shut box with 2 holes on one side and a dog collar ’’how is this going to help me’’ I wondered to myself?I flipped it over in my hand and saw it had boe scratched on to it.

“Duh put it on the dog.’’Said my necklace in a sassy voice. 

“Oh no duh.” I snapped back. 

“Then why did you ask?’’ My necklace said confused. 

”It was a rhetorical question.” I said meanly.

 I wished that my necklace didn’t talk, I said to myself.

“I heard that.” My necklace snapped back at me.

”Oh just shut up already.” I yelled at my necklace Then it was quiet. I walked out of my mom’s cabin. The wolves were right there where I left them. I walked up to the pup and looked at him and asked if he was Boe. The pup started to jump up and and started to run around. I look down and him and said “calm down” calmly then the dog sat down and waited I bent over slowly and attached the collar to the pup then said in a whisper “go play.” Then the pup ran off and chased a bunny. Then I sat down next to the mom and ran my hand over her fur and noticed that she was extremely skinny. I looked down at her with pity. Her face was all beat up scars everywhere even one of her eyes were swollen shut. I got up and walked inside. I went to the kitchen to find some food for her. I found a map of the city, some money, a note and a pack of hotdogs. I opened the pack of hotdogs and walked outside to feed her. Then I sat down as she gobbled the food down then I opened the note.

If you found this that means you in trouble 

This note comes with a map and some money

You can go into the city to get food 

I'm so sorry that this has came to this 

To get to the city follow the river next to my cabin

-mom

The city i thought I have never been there I have always stay in this oval. My home is in an oval flat oval and trees on side and mountains on the other, I never knew that there was a river. I told myself “in the morning that I was going into town.” I said Quietly. Just then I heard I heard the bushes rattle “who’s there.” I said loudly as I grabbed my dagger. I saw a young boy about my age clothes ripped and he has many bruises on his face. He looked a lot like my dad. Then I saw it. The necklace it was almost exactly like mine but a different shape it looked like half of a sun. The young man looked at me and said confused “I’m Eso who are you.”

 “I’m your guess I’m your twin sister art.” I said back confused as ever. 

“What are you doing here.” I asked Eso. 

“I ran away i was getting picked on by other kids because I have a necklace I never take it off because it makes me feel close to my mom and siblings.” He said trying to hide the sadness. 

“Does our dad know about you being here, how is our dad ?” I asked 

“I HATE HIM, HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT ME ALL HE CARES ABOUT IS HIS BEER, HE COULD CARE LESS IF I DIED!” He screamed tears beginning to form in his amber eyes. I stood there looking into his eyes. I pulled him in and I saw the event that made him run away I could see the pain. I could feel the pain. I was him. I was on top of a skyscraper must of been at least 200 feet in the air. I was walking to the edge I tryed to stop myself but I couldn’t I was a puppet being controlled by an unknown force. I got to the edge and paused I looked down saw the busy street below me the smoke in the air I felt the cold breeze like winter herself was right around the connor. I didn’t want to feel anymore I didn’t want to live anymore. I said to myself. Then just for a spilt second my feet were floating. Then I started to fall. Faster and faster as the pavement got closer and closer. I closed my eyes ready for it to be the last time I did and I was ready to die. Before my body smashed the ground. Someone caught me. It was a boy dark black hair looked about 17. One eye was a strange gray but the other was blue. He was tall. I was in his arms. I turned to see his face and I saw his eyes a look of disappointment in his eyes. He spoke angrily with each word felt like a knife stabbing me “What do you think you are doing?”

“Let go!” I tried not to say anything but those words slipped out. 

“No I will never let go, why did you just try to throw your life away?” He said and it felt like those knives were being shoved farther and father in.

I looked up at the stranger and yelled “I SAID LET GO BECAUSE I WANT TO DIE, MY LIFE DOESN'T MATTER, MY MOM LEFT ME RIGHT WHEN I WAS BORN, SHE LEFT ME WITH A DRUNK ABUSIVE DAD THAT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT, HE EVEN TOLD ME ONCE THAT HE WISHED THAT I WAS DEAD THAT I WAS A MISTAKE, I GET THROWN IN TRASH CANS AT SCHOOL, SHOVED INTO LOCKERS MADE FUN I WISH I WASN'T BORN THIS ISNT THE LIFE FOR A GAY BASTERD LIKE ME. I SHOULDN'T OF BEEN BORN. NONE SHOULD HAVE TO LIVE IN A SOCIETY UNLOVED AND UNWANTED!” I stop out of breath tears flooding the strangers eyes. 

“YOU SHOULD OF LET ME DIE, WHY DID YOU CATCH ME. I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU.” I spoke harshly once again the moment I caught my breath

“Everyone needs a Guardian angel.” He spoke his tone of voice so quiet that you had to listen or you would've missed it.

He wiped his tears and put me back on my feet.

Once I was up. I sharply told him “Thanks but I don’t need a guardian angel.” 

“Everyone needs a guardian angel.” The stranger repeated again quickly. Then the stranger leaned in and kissed me and then he was gone in a blink of an eye. I stood  puzzled at what had just happened. I turned to look back at the building where I lived and I saw my dad. He was in the entrance of the building. He looked at me a sharp cold glare it was like if he could just stare me out of existence he would. He didn’t say anything as he walked up to me and grabbed my wrist before I knew what was happening he dragged me behind the building. I stood there frozen in fear. He shoved me up against the wall where he started to punch and kick me. He began punching my gut yelling at me “I wish you weren't my son. You are a disappointment.” Then he kicked me again and again hitting my hips harder and harder I sank to the ground. He knelt down and looked at and spoke with no emotion. “I can’t have a gay son you aren’t even a son to me you are a regret I wish you were dead.” He paused like he was thinking. Then he spoke again quieter tho. “Now I see why your mom left. You should be ashamed.” Just before I knew what happened he smashed my head into the wall and he walked away causing the vision to go black.

“ARE YOU GOING TO SAY ANYTHING BESIDES STAND THERE LOOKING LIKE AN IDIOT?” Eso yelled interrupted me seeing into his eyes into his past

“oh right sorry, where are you going to stay.” I asked confused

“I don’t know I was hoping that I could stay here.” He asked a bright gleam light up his eyes. “Umm..” I said before he cut me off.

“ please just one night I sleep on the floor.” He begged me.

“I was going to say yes but ok and tomorrow we are going to go into the town to get food.” I said.

The next day I woke up to find Eso curled up in a tight ball asleep on the corner of the bed. Boe was cuddled up to next to Eso probably keeping him warm. I got out of bed very quietly. But some something caught my eye… 



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.