The Fin | Teen Ink

The Fin

April 26, 2021
By AmeeraMorton, St.louis, Missouri
More by this author
AmeeraMorton, St.louis, Missouri
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“Do yall want to take the dogs outside with me?” Chris invited.

“Sure we will, I gonna put on my coat, '' shared Kaniah and Ernicee. 

They put on their coats and headed outside with Snow white and Marle. The dog ran around having fun and chasing each other.

“Ahhhhhhhhh!” shouted Kaniah.

“Are you ok? What happened, why are you screaming?” asked Yolanda as she just got home from work.

“What is that outside poking out of the snow?” asked Chris with one eyebrow raised. 

“Whatever, it's probably frozen by the snow” claimed Ernicee.

“I don’t think it is frozen because it came out of nowhere in the pile of snow” Breathed Kaniah.

The dogs started walking towards it and pulling on it then a shiny bluefin came out. Everyone let out a sigh to see that it is just a fin so they pulled the rest of the fine out of the cold pile of snow.

“ Wait a minute this is a mermaid tail. How did this get here?” questioned Yolanda.

“ I don’t know but we are going to find out” Chris inquired.

They were all in the house drinking a hot sweet soft drink thinking about how the fin got there. 

“I think I know how it got there,” announced Ernicee.

“ Alright let us hear about it” Chris replied.

“I thought about it and I think that someone put it there on purpose” claimed Ernicee.

As they were still talking about it, Kaniah started to wonder if she should confess or let it keep going. So they went back outside and that’s when they saw a footprint. 

“Okay I am going to confess I did it to pull a prank on you guys” kaniah groaned 

“ Well I don’t think that was a good prank and all with the mermaid tail,” told Yoland.

“ well you see I had to shovel the snow to do all this then I made a hole and put the mermaid tail in. but if it was not for the dogs yall will not know it was a mermaid tail” Kaniah admitted looking disappointed.

“Well, at least you had us investigating what happened so you did get us there. 

“Now can we go back to the house and watch a movie” ended Ernicee.  

Everyone laughed and went back in to watch a movie. After the movie, the dogs were barking at the door to alarm they wanted to go outside. Ernicee took them outside and saw something gold in the same pile of snow where the fin was. It was gold and had something red. She ran into the house. 

“Kaniah, are you trying to play another prank?” asked Ernicee.

“No, what happened?” Kaniah asked, confused.

“Well I saw something gold and it had red spots and it was in the pile of snow the fin was in” Ernicee shared.

Kaniah, Chris, and Yolanda went to check and their eyes got big at what they saw. Then snow white and Marle were liking the red spots. That’s when Chris bent down to smell it and it smelled like ketchup. Yolanda picked up the gold and it was a ring. They removed the sweat from their face with relief. Then that’s when Ernicee started to laugh.

“Ha now that’s how you do a prank Kaniah” Ernicee chuckled.

“You got us good. I thought that was blood and stolen jewelry,” Yolanda praised.

Everyone went into the house and started to play games and talked about whose prank was the best.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.