The Riverwood Pack | Teen Ink

The Riverwood Pack

February 26, 2019
By samanthanwilson, Eastview, Kentucky
More by this author
samanthanwilson, Eastview, Kentucky
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

This book was created for an assignment in class :)

The author's comments:

This is a really bad book, I'm sorry.

The Riverwood Pack


I saw them coming out of the corner of my eyes. I had taken my eyes off of the pups for a second, and the next thing I saw was the shadows of wolves. I quickly ran outside, shifting and fighting off wolves one by one, while my pack members Madelyn and Katerina got the pups inside. The Dark Moon pack had attacked again. This time, everyone had survived, but we weren’t so lucky last time. They were very weak, however they were a large pack, and they always went for the pups since they didn’t know how to defend themselves like the older members in the pack. A month ago, they had attacked for the first time in years. I found out that my ex, Axel is now the alpha, and he is the one causing the attacks. Years ago, I had went out to get things with my older brother to only come back to see that Axel had killed my parents. We broke things off, and we haven’t spoken since.


Flashback to 6 years ago: Damien and I had just got home from the store. We had unlocked the door and opened it up to see blood everywhere. Damien shifted instantly, standing in front of me. We followed the blood trail, which led up to my parents bedroom. I screamed as I saw the dark brown colored wolf. I couldn’t believe it was Axel. He was standing over my parents ripped apart bodies, covered in blood. He shifted, trying to talk to him. I punched him and told him we were through before running out of the house that I used to call my home. (Flashback over) I had never returned to the house, and I never plan on it. I just can’t believe that Axel would attack the pups. I have to think of a way where he would never do that again.


That’s all going to change today. I told my brother that I would be back in a couple of hours and to watch over the pack. I shifted and started heading towards Sitka, where Axel’s pack was located. Hours later, when the sun was setting, I had shifted back, looking at the place that was supposed to be my home. Wolves quickly surrounded me and I mumbled “mutts” under my breath, which only made them growl in response. I rolled my eyes and asked boredly, “where is Axel?” I turned my head when I heard the voice that I used to love so much. “Hello, beautiful. I haven’t seen you in awhile.” As I started walking closer to him, I said, “I know, I was hoping it would stay that way but your mutts keep attacking the pups because your pack is weak.” I knew they were all getting closer, but I didn’t care. “Attacking pups now Axel? I thought you only attacked my parents. When did that change?” I smirked, knowing that this was going to piss him off. “My pack isn’t weak, yours is Dakota. Your pups can’t protect themselves. Now that I think about it, you can’t even protect yourself.” I punched him without a second thought. I could fight, but one wolf against a whole pack was not possible. Suddenly, I yelped, acting like I was hurt, and I knew Axel would make them stop since he still cares about me a little bit. He yelled quickly, making all of his pack members come to a stop quickly before rushing over to my side. “Dakota, are you okay?”  “I would be great if you stopped attacking my pack” “Oh Dakota, no hard feelings, but the attacks are for destroying my happiness. I want to destroy your happiness just like you destroyed mine.” I punched him again, harder this time, knocking him to the ground. “Stay away from my pack, got it?”


When I had got home, the whole pack was asking where I went, so I casually replied, “To have a talk with the Dark Moon pack.” Suddenly, everyone in my pack was looking at me like I was crazy. “What?” I turned my head as I heard my brothers voice rise. “You could’ve gotten killed!” I lowly growled, quickly responding with “I’m not a pup anymore Damien! I can protect myself now. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t have went.”  “Yes but what if they catch you off guard and you get hurt?” “I won’t!” I growled louder this time, not liking the fact that he thinks i'll give up that easily. I walked towards the door before saying, “They shouldn’t be around for awhile, but if they do come around, they will regret it.”


Out of nowhere, I was knocked to the ground, getting up quickly I saw Axel and his pack, and we both knew that one of us wasn’t leaving here alive. I quickly shifted, standing taller than most female wolves. I snarled, a warning sign that if he touched me, he was dead.


Axel started to get closer, crouching low, meaning he was about to attack. I watched his every movement. I watched how his ears twitched by the slightest wind, how his heart was cleary racing and how he slowly, oh very slowly got closer. He launched himself, trying to land on my back, barely nipping my fur as I quickly and effortlessly moved out of the way. As he fell, I took the opportunity and bit hard at his neck. Axel whimpered, before turning around and kicking me off. Quickly he had me pinned, biting my neck hard. “You’re still weak, like always Dakota…” I knew he was going to continue, but I wasn’t going to allow him to. I kicked hard, and heard him fall with a loud crack. I jumped up, running to him and biting his neck, hard, refusing to let go. I thought that I finally had him, until suddenly everything went black.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.