Mimic | Teen Ink

Mimic

November 10, 2022
By EveLOverlord SILVER, San Antonio, Texas
EveLOverlord SILVER, San Antonio, Texas
6 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
The only way that anyone can truly learn is through pain, through emotional scars that remind you everyday why you won't make the same mistake again.


Summary:

A girl by the name of Mara has become lost in the woods when she hears these two birds conversating. After a little while of listening to the birds she hears a woman's voice in the woods, but something is wrong. Every time Mara tries to ask this woman where she is, the woman answers in unclear ways. Mara tries to escape the dark woods, unsure if she will survive the night.


EveLOverlord

Mimic


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 1 comment.


on Nov. 15 2022 at 4:45 pm
EveLOverlord SILVER, San Antonio, Texas
6 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
The only way that anyone can truly learn is through pain, through emotional scars that remind you everyday why you won't make the same mistake again.

Hello, I am the author of Mimic and I hope that you enjoyed it. The monster at the end is a Native American creature known as a Wendigo. If you love mythology and folklore as much as I do, you know how scary these creatures can be and I really tried to capture that in this piece. I would love to hear feedback from anyone reading this story! And if you don't like it, tell me why. I am always looking to improve!