Never Stay Home Alone At Night | Teen Ink

Never Stay Home Alone At Night

By peanutbutter2998 ELITE, Greenville, New York
peanutbutter2998 ELITE, Greenville, New York

"You are your own person. Nobody can change that. If they do change you, You are no longer yourself. They cannot make you better or smarter or better looking. They can only make you worse."-Natalie (myself)

Author's note: I started this book on August 29th 2009 and im still writing it! Its based on a dream i had in the fifth grade. I hope you enjoy it! Its originally 115 pages and 18 chapters so far!

There is a girl named Mary-Jane and life is diffrent then 'The normal.' She is twelve years old and she lives with her father because her mother died when she was about 4 or 5 years old. But the thing is, Mary-Jane's father is an alcahollic so he is out every single night and Mary-Jane is stuck at home. All Alone. As she has been doing since she was 6 years old. So, one night Mary-Jane was home alone,as usual, and heard someone outside. She looked out the window and nobody was there but still Mary-Jane stood in horror. In the mist on the window it read: gnimoc m'I Mary-Jane pannicked. She went to the phone and tried to call 911 but there was no dial tone. Now Mary-Jane was hope-less. No phone, no neighbors and something that read "Im coming." Just then Mary-Jane heard another noise. It was a knock on the door. Mary-Jane looked out the living-room window yet again, saw nobody. She was still curious about the door so she went over to the door, un-locked it, and opened it a crack. Nobody was outside. "Mary-Jane." whispered a man's voice close behind her. Mary-Jane turned around slowly. Shaking with fear, she looked at the man and gasped. He had a smirk on his face like he was onto something evil. "Come on boys, you can come in now!" yelled the man laughing. Seconds later, three men came in with big bags. They had dirty jean jackets on and work boots and ripped jeans. The bags were atleast the size of garbage bags. They started to put every item around them into the garbage-like bags. Mary-Jane had guessed they were robbers. "Rick go get the tape and a rope." said the evil man to one of his companions. The man came back with both items in his hand. The evil man picked up Mary-Jane and she screamed and kicked and used every defense she could so she could get away from this guy. But it was no use. The man sat her down in a chair and he kept her arms folded back behind her while another guy tied the rope around and around her and the chair until it was really tight. Then, the man took a piece of tape and put it SMACK! Right on her mouth. And they left. Grabage bags and all. Mary-jane struggled to be free from the rope but she was stuck. The next morning, the front door opened. Surprisingly, the cops had found her father driving around while drinking. When the cop walked in she saw Mary-Jane all tied up. The police officer whipped the tape off Mary-Jane's mouth. "Little girl what in the world happened?" asked the cop untieing the rope. Mary-Jane explained everything that happened. "That is very strange well since we have no idea who the suspects are, we cant do anything, but if anything else happens just pick up the phone and call." said the police getting ready to leave. "Oh and by the way," added the cop "your father is forbidden to leave this house and if he does, like I said before, call us." said the police officer. "What if he gets out while I'm asleep?" asked Mary-Jane. "True, actually ive got a camera in the back of my police car hold on ill be back in to install it." she replied. The camera was put in and the police officer was about to leave. "Thank -you mrs...." Mary-Jane's voice trailed off . "You can call me Colleen." the cop said smiling.

Awhile later after the cop left, it was just her and her father in the house. Mary-Jane now had the chance to explain to her father what had happened. "Dad, I have to tell you something really important." So, her father sat down and listened. Mary-Jane explained what happened again. When she was finished, her father had the most immature reaction she had ever seen in her whole entire, 12 year old life. Her father laughed. he laughed so hard he was on the ground rolling around as if he were 4 again. "DAD THIS WASN'T FUNNY! WE WERE ROBBED AND I WAS TIED UP AND THREATENED TO BE KILLED JUST BECAUSE YOU WEREN'T HERE PROTECTING ME! FOR ALL I KNOW YOU WERE PROBABLY PASSED OUT ON SOMEONE'S LAWN! MOM WOULD'VE NEVER LET YOU GET AWAY WITH THIS!" screamed Mary-Jane. Her father was still a little giggly and he got upto get a drink of water to clear his throat. " I loved your mother and she loved me. And that would have never happened if she were still here. But we did all we could to help her but nothing helped it only made her worse. I tried Mary-Jane!" shouted her father as he smashed the glass onto the ground and it shattered to a million-trillion pieces. Mary-Jane began to cry. "Exactly dad, and and if mom were here i bet you'd never be the way you are now." she sniffled. "I'm done with you clean up this mess and get out of my sight! I hate you!" her father yelled. "I hate you! your the worst father in the world nobody could get worse than you! your horrible if i get the chance i will tell the police what you do, always leaving me home by myself, and sometimes you even hit me! do you know how that makes me feel? Like you don't want me. I could be a normal child living with the perfect parents but you just had to go and screw-up my life anyways!" Mary-Jane finally admitted. Her father looked her in the eye. No expression on his face but he had a sad look in his eyes. The sadness was shortly gone and he grabbed her pony-tail and smashed her face into the glass. "Don't ever let me know what you think of me ever again." he snorted of disgust and slammed the door to his bedroom. Mary-Jane balled her fists and then released them. Her father and her temporarily got into these 'dramatic' fights and she was sick of his actions. Sobbing and screaming at the foot of his bedroom door she wanted to let him know how upset he made her, she wanted him to know....but how? How could you tell your own father who once loved you to death and risk his very own life for you, how could you possibly say you hated him? She didnt know. All of her life, well since her mother, shes thought of everything on her very own. Questions have been left un-answered since day one without her mother and Mary-Jane was done. " Dad i'm runnining away! im done with you i hate you i hate you I HATE YOU! Your the worst father anyonce could ever wish for and i wish you would just die ok? Just die! I wish it were you instead of mom!" she paused, thinking thouroughly about what she had just said. His door opened quickly. "You want me to die? Is this how you going to react around me? Fine, run away! you think im gonna care! I could care less where you are and what your doing! Actually even better! Ill help you!" He grabbed a suitcase and through a bunch of her clothing in it. "So is this what your going to do?" Just pack up my things and dump me somewhere? What kind of father are you?" she wiped more tears even though they still streamed down her face. With a well-hidden look on his face he asked "I thought this is what you wanted? I thought you hated me and never wanted to see me again? Im giving you what you deserve." he grabbed the suitcase and slung her over his shoulder. "Dad! let me go! I didnt mean it! I was just angry! Im sorry!" She pounded on his back and tried to get him to understand begging and pleaing. He dropped her at the edge of the driveway and her suitcase at her side. "Don't set foot on my land ever again. If you do, you will pay true consequences." he walked up the driveway and slammed the door shut to the house. Crying hysterically she rolled her suitcase down the road. She heard a car behind her. The man behind the wheel looked alot like her father. It was. "Get in the car." he shouted as he rolled down the window. She stared at him like he had 3 heads. "Get in the damn car." he said again spitting on her sweatshirt. She took it off and threw it at him. She got in the car and he roared the engine. Speeding. 70,80 miles per hour then slowing down to 60 he reached over and opened Mary-Janes door. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" she screeched. With the suitcase securely in her hand he kicked her out of the car. Litteraly. She flew out in a ball of fury and he sped away. Even more mad and upset as she had been, she got up and walked. Further and further she traveled untill a car had stopped. "You need a ride home little girl?" Mary-Jane looked up to see Colleen's smiling face, staring at her for a period of time, she replied with a quick yes and Colleen told her to hop in the car and they left.

this website is cool!

thankyouuu! i appreciate it! and i will:)

KristySparklez BRONZE, Sterling, Colorado

Time only numbs all pain, it does not heal the wounds created by, nor does it heal the pain

i really like this!!! cant wait for more check out my works please!!!!! ill be checking back for more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you soo much! i cant wait to post the rest and i will write more:)

WritingAngel20 BRONZE, Ardmore, Alabama

"In order to suceed, your desire for success must be greater than your fear of failure" -Bill Cosby

Amazing story, almost made me cry and then you left me with a cliffhanger. please keep writing