Sweet Dreams... | Teen Ink

Sweet Dreams...

By Kristina Hobbs GOLD, Prineville, Oregon
Kristina Hobbs GOLD, Prineville, Oregon

Sweet Dreams…
They only last until you stop believing in them.…

There are many theories on dreams. Some being that they are guided predictions and others about them being important images symbolizing your thoughts and ideas. There are also theories about them just being secret premonitions. They also say you may even have many dreams occurring each night but only remember one or two of them. During this non existent time when our mind travels and explores different worlds and experiences we tend to want to interpret our dreams and make them into something real. They say if you dream about a baby it’s a sign of change in your life, and if you dream about your teeth falling out it’s a sign of stress. It is also said that if you dream of death it's because you have angry feelings that you refuse to let go of. You can choose to believe these theories or you can choose to make your own. Dreams can mean a thousand different things depending on your lifestyle and surroundings.

“People come and go in life, but they never leave your dreams. Once they’re in your subconscious, they are immortal.”-Patricia Hampl-American poet

Lucid dreams are basically dreams you have where you are aware they are occuring in the middle of them. Just because you realize this though, It doesnt always mean you can control them, but you do for a split second or 2, realize you're sleeping and it’s not real.
“Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives”-William Dement-American psychiatrist

A dream is a short abstract video your mind creates, whether it’s made up of memories, thoughts, fears, or other random unknown images. Dreams, of course, can also be known as aspiring goals. Steven Tyler of the band “Aerosmith” said, “Dream until your dreams come true.” If you want to be a lawyer than go home and practice arguing until you win. If you want to be a tattoo artist then you better start sketchin with a steady hand. Maybe I'm being a little less practical about it but you get my point right? Don’t ever let your mind think you have to “settle” for anything. You're going to be working for the rest of your life so you might as well be making 20 dollars an hour rather than 8.40.