Take A Little Tumble | Teen Ink

Take A Little Tumble

By Zoe-22-Turner DIAMOND, Beverly, Massachusetts
Zoe-22-Turner DIAMOND, Beverly, Massachusetts

Life is a comedy. It's full of all the tons of errors that people make. People can be so odd and they can be so cruel or they can be absolutely incredible. A lot of the time they laugh at one another's pain, and are often the cause of it, while other times people can help pull someone out of a bad situation, rehabilitate them, and reintroduce them to happiness. The tales of human lives can hold everything from a hopeless tragedy, to a sizzling romance. And me? Well I just sail through life and deal with the surprises that come around every corner. Sometimes they're good, but a lot of the time they're bad. I have fallen many times and been kicked while I was down. I struggled to my feet and kept walking forward. It's not about how many times you fall, it's about how many times you get back up. Honestly, sometimes you need your world turned upside down to get back on top. These notions are what I live by. Day by day you just have to muddle through and survive all the challenges you will face. There is definitely no shortage of challenges that a single person must rise to meet. Once you cover basic survival, then you really start to live.

I am surviving. At this moment I am managing to stay on track, make good decisions, and being the best I can be. I am searching for me and when I finally find myself I will start to live. I follow the clues, read the signs and figure out more and more about who I am. Discovering that my passion is writing is a good start. I just have to keep working at it, and always trying to improve. It may not always come out the way I envisioned it, but oh well, at least I learn from my mistakes. Sometimes I write something and it isn't good at all, but other times I write something that I read over and over because I am proud of it. Every writer has those times when they don't like what they just wrote, no one can write something amazingly beautiful every time they put pen to paper. Can they? Every runner has a slow day, every soccer player misses a shot some time in their life, and every hockey player slips and falls on the ice sometimes. Right? So why shouldn't a writer write something that sounds a little forced or nonsensical once in a while. Some one who is good at what they do messes up, but then they recover and redeem themselves. I have come to the conclusion that it's okay to make mistakes, that's how we learn. No one is perfect. Where's the fun in that? If I trip and fall, sure my cheeks will turn red and I'll be a little embarrassed, but afterward I can have a good laugh about it. With this idea in my head, I realize my story may have a happy ending after all, because all the mistakes I make teach me new things and I get better. If I take a little tumble, it isn't the end of the world.