Discussion Point: Brett Kavanaugh Allegations | Teen Ink

Discussion Point: Brett Kavanaugh Allegations

By Bruvton DIAMOND, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Bruvton DIAMOND, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

"They don't think it is what it does, but it do." ~Oscar Gamble

Sexual assault is a haunting concept and should be stopped. No man or woman should be sexually abused, especially at a young age. With the recent bravery of reporting sexual assaults, have people taken it too far? The rate of false rape accusations has been rising, and Kavanaugh getting a part as a supreme court judge was a big deal. With him as a judge, Donald Trump's chance of being impeached had plummeted substantially. What if Christine Blasey Ford is lying, in an attempt to keet Kavanaugh out of the Supreme Court?

This is a very unpopular opinion, especially on this website. What this website needs is more diversity. If you think the statement above is wrong, comment why. If you think it's right, also comment why. I'm interested in what everyone has to say...

@Alaska_Mae101 I'm not assuming people are ALWAYS going to lie... I'm just bringing up a point that hasn't been discussed a lot. I know I don't know the answer to everything, that's why I decided to start this discussion. The thing is, there is a lot of both evidence and lack thereof for both sides to be true. To assume Ford is lying for no reason is bad, but to assume without question that she is correct for the sole purpose that she is a woman is equally bad. We don't know if she is being abused, because there were no marks by the time they were investigating, and the best friend she told didn't remember being told. And I agree, you can't just assume what's going on when you weren't there. That goes for both sides. We can't assume he did, we can't assume he didn't. This discussion was meant to broaden our understandings of what happened, not find an answer. As Grace 96-M said, "only God and the two of them will ever know the truth." Thank you very much for adding your opinion; you brought up some very valid points.

Alaska_Mae101, Non Ya Damn Business, California

"Live your life to the best of your ability and maybe you'll go down in history knowing you did the best you could even when life gets hard." ~Alaska Mae~

It's kinda like saying someone isn't getting abused when they are. I saw my friend's dad hit and leave marks on her and when I told her sister who is 21 she didn't believe like no one did until I told a teacher who told me to go to our resource officer. You can't always just assume what's going on when you weren't there. People may change but that doesn't mean they were once awful people.

You can't just go around acting like people are ALWAYS gonna lie about being touched inappropriately i mean when my mom lived with her mom and this weird dude at these apartments and this weird dude lived with them he touched my mom when she was little yet no one believed her. Don't assume you know the answer to everything. Listen to people and give them a chance to explain what their side of the story is.

I mean come on ppl srsly