Eyes on the Road | Teen Ink

Eyes on the Road

January 13, 2016
By nadeen901 BRONZE, Farmington Hills, Michigan
nadeen901 BRONZE, Farmington Hills, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Some people want texting and driving to be legal, so they can text. “More than 7,000 Americans have died from texting and driving in 2007” (Texting and Driving) .People should stop texting and driving.


One reason is when we are behind the wheel, and we’re on the phone, we can distract or hurt others. For example, my dad was driving and there was a girl driving and texting. She was driving too fast, so she hit my dad and his car rolled over. He got hurt. She distracted him, plus it put him in danger.


Another reason is people can get in an accident when they are texting and driving .They die or even get paralyzed and can’t walk again. A final reason is when people are driving they can hurt themselves and others .Plus they are going to get a ticket and that’s too bad.


“The fact about texting and driving is that it is dangerous. It causes drivers to be focused on their cell phones rather than on the road”(`Texting and driving ). However the people who are reading this should be careful and don’t hold the phone and drive so they aren’t in danger. People should put their phones on silent.


The author's comments:

I decided texting while driving because my dad got in to accedint and im scared for him.