Change Rears Its Ugly Head | Teen Ink

Change Rears Its Ugly Head

April 2, 2009
By MeganBurch BRONZE, Sault Ste Marie, Other
MeganBurch BRONZE, Sault Ste Marie, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Change. For some of us, it's a scary thing, but for others this might very well be the turn of a century.

Recently, President Barack Obama took office in the United States. Now, even though I am not an American, I still pay close attention to the American Political system. Since I was little there have been things that startled me such as 9/11 and now things that astonish me.

To see an African American man live his life to the fullest extent and to literally be on top of the world, blows my mind. For so long now the world has seemed like such a corupt and ugly place but now this one man has made so many peoples' dreams come true.

No doubt, society is still imprudent at times, but the world isn't perfect. We have such high expectations for the young president. We are holding him on a very high pedastal. What will happen if he falls off this pedestal? Will his citizens stay loyal and be there to catch him or will they decieve him in the end for not living up to our riducoulsly high standards?

All I am saying is that we need to be reasonable people. We cannot put so much pressure on him that he finally cracks. We need to believe in his good judgement and faithful nature instead of ridiculing his every move. He is truly our future. But will our future be better?