Us Inauguration...With a Cute Prez | Teen Ink

Us Inauguration...With a Cute Prez

April 4, 2009
By LaceyEmm BRONZE, Bargersville, Indiana
LaceyEmm BRONZE, Bargersville, Indiana
2 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Live like your at the bottom even if your at the top!"


On January 20th, 2009, Barack H. Obama was sworn in as the 44th US President. Taking Bush’s place, Obama smiled proudly as he sat in the Oval Office thinking about the four years to come. Barack Obama is now our first Mixed President of the United States. The event was watched by well over one million witnesses on a cold day in the heart of Washington D.C. The residents of America that weren’t there watched it on television. CGMSC even watched it. The seventh graders watched it during lunch from a big television screen! That is how historic this day is for the United States.

After being sworn in, Obama celebrated with a big party. Everyone who was anyone was there. (I’m sure my invitation got lost in the mail.) During the party, Rock music legend Bruce Stringston, Miley Cyrus, and Beyonce sang at the historical event. To surprise his daughters, Barack arranged for the teen heart throbs Nick, Joe, And Kevin Jonas to play for them. Barack’s Eldest daughter, ten-year-old Malia Ann claimed she was going to marry Nick one day. She’s going to have to fight through me first!

His Speech was one to remember. “ I stand here today humbled by the task before us, grateful for the trust you bestowed, mindful of the sacrifices born by our ancestors<“ Obama began his speech. He goes on to explain of how much he is honored to be chosen the 44th president of the United States. “We the people have remained faithful to the ideals of our forebears and true to our founding documents. So it has been, so it must be, with this generation of Americans. That we are in the mist of crisis is now well understood. Our nation is at war.” He then moves on to explain his love for our country. Love is a strong word, he has said soooo many times over.

All in all, the Inauguration was the same, and more special, hard to come by. Instead of four hundred billion year-old Republican George Bush, we have the forty-two, much cuter, mixed president, Democrat Barack Obama. The next four years will be the most life-altering years ever.