Let's all pretend we're blind! | Teen Ink

Let's all pretend we're blind!

By WritingIsAPoison SILVER, Cincinnati, Ohio
WritingIsAPoison SILVER, Cincinnati, Ohio

Guys should be like klennex, soft, strong, and disposable.

Let's all pretend we're blind so it will become easier to breath when the subject of race comes up. Let's all cover our eyes and pretend that you don't see a black man in office, but rather just a man. Let's all pretend that those looks coming from caucasin people are just looking at something that's caught in your teeth and not the fact that you don't belong in their neighborhood.
Let's all pretend that we don't hear the whispers and snickers that escape the pale mouths when we walk into a high class store. Oh, let's also pretend that the sales clerk walking behind you is just there to make sure you didn't drop your wallet. Arizona law makers; are just trying to protect the immigrants living there and sending them back to their country. Let's pretend we don't notice police pulling them over and asking them for ID and records that they actual belong in this country. Let's pretend that the local news only shows the positive side and not other minority face on the screen. Let's pretend that some people don't have a problem with sports that they created; are now being played by the people they were trying to keep out. Let's pretend June Cleaver mothers don't stop looking over their shoulders when their child is playing with a different colored child in a multi-cultral neighborhood. Let's pretend that we don't see officers eyeing a muslim family right when they're about to board a plane. Let's pretend that no one has a problem with two men or women showing affection in public. Let's pretend it doesn't churn our stomachs or make us want to spat some religious stuff. Let's pretend that racism and sexual profiling isn't a big matter in America today.
Get real! It's high time to relieve ourselves of the blind fold and open our eyes to the truth and stop pretending it doesn't exist.

People like to turn their heads away when the subject of race matters or sexual prefrences. People need to realize that it exist and we need to get over our differences.

PussnBoots GOLD, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

"When life hands you lemons, make apple juice. Then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it." -Unknown
"The world is my pineapple. I just have to figure out a way past the prickly parts." -Me

You go for it!!!!!! Hurray for you for speaking out!!!! (Plus, the way you said it was very creative.) I vote we all throw away our blindfolds for good!

All in favor???? (C'mon, people, Martin Luther didn't make a differrence by siiting on his bum and doing nothin') I say Aye!!!!!!!!! (And you people who think difference is bad, you have my deepest sympathy. It must be a sad way to live.)

Good for you for speaking out!!!!!!!!! Keep writing!!!