Love Exposed | Teen Ink

Love Exposed

January 15, 2020
By EllaPeace BRONZE, Oregon, Ohio
EllaPeace BRONZE, Oregon, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands." - Anne Frank


Love, you promised to give yourself to all who walked this Earth. The information you withhold however, is that you never promised to stick around. You are simply contracted to appear, never to stay. Few get so lucky with you when you decide they are worth sticking with. I wonder what your requirements are? In order to be chosen as one of the lucky ones who get to live out their lives with you by their side. Must one be tall? short? thin? Please tell me, you owe me this much. You manipulated me when you came into my life without the guarantee of a future with you. When you kept the information that you would soon be leaving as secret. When you got my hopes up. Why would you do that? Why are you not upfront about your habits? Why do you hide behind a mask of happiness, and reveal your true self only to some? It is inhumane what you're doing I tell you. You are the one thing people hold onto in times of despair, happiness, confusion, and destruction. Why do you give them such hope, only to rip it away when it's convenient for you. How dare you. I have not a morsel of respect left for you, nor do I wish to reconcile what you've destroyed. I live knowing the truth about you, yet so many people are still naive to your ways, as they live in the unknown mystery of you and your false promises. My hope is that you and your lies are one day exposed to the world. So that you may suffer in the same way many have as a direct result of your dishonesty. You may have gotten away with it thus far, however it would be foolish of you to think it shall continue this way forever. You are a monster, giving people false confidence and a false sense of security. You are the ultimate player, deceiver, and manipulator. I wish you good luck for you will need it. I am no longer broken from what you've done to me. I am stronger than you, smarter than you, and kinder than you. I look forward to seeing you crumble.


The author's comments:

This is an apostrophe I wrote in English class. In this piece I am speaking directly to "Love" as if it were a person.