Can love in high school possible? | Teen Ink

Can love in high school possible?

By Shadow5595 BRONZE, Linda Park, Arizona
Shadow5595 BRONZE, Linda Park, Arizona

And so the Lion Fell In Love With The Lamb<3....

This question has been wondering in my mind forever. All my friends i have have boyfriends and always tell me how "he is the one" Is that possible? I mean we are in highschool. Trust me i want to believe it is. Im honestly thinkin when "Love" is going to happen to me. It seems to happen to all of my friends but why not me? Am i doing something wrong? If so what? Ok the question is...is it really love, or do they just want to believe it is? My opinion is that GOD wants us to be in LOVE when we are ready. However most of my friends arent ready. They want to be but they just arent. You cant rush the process. It is suppose to be gifted to you. You know like on all the songs and the movies how they say, "I felt something with my eyes landed on you." Im hoping that is what love is. I want LOVE really bad. I dont know if its because i have been reading the twilight saga to much or what. People like me just need to let LOVE come when its ready and more important, when you are ready<3

I dont know what this came from! I always get ideas in the middle of the night. Weird huh???<3

shedevil said...
shedevil, Spotsylvania, Virginia
I believe that love can exist in Highschool as long as the couple is in a commited relationship.

Shadow5595 BRONZE, Linda Park, Arizona

wow, i havent been on in forever but thank you so much for your opinions and advice, i really take it to heart:)

Weezmarie said...
on Sep. 21 2010 at 12:19 am
Weezmarie, Gregory, Michigan
It's possible to love in high school. I dated a guy who I was crazy about for four years. Nothing else mattered.
And you can love a guy whether he is is 'the one' or not. My high school sweetheart isn't the guy for me, but that doesn't mean i didn't love him. Reality is, you won't find him first try. If you do, well you're just too darn lucky :)

ButtercupBby BRONZE, Conyers, Georgia

when i look up at the stars i hope to be one day

Yeah love in high school is possible. I'm in a relationship right now, we broke up after 9 months before but it was over something stupid, and now we're back together. you just need to know how to balance school and a relationship

Emily:) said...
Of course its possible to find love in highschool! There is no such thing as too young for love- if there were there'd be too old for love as well. You should never EVER put limits on love. Of course- there is such a thing as too busy for love, which doesn't mean love can't find you, it just means its less likely. When you're too busy for love, keep right on being too busy! Love will find you when you are ready. And if it shows up before you are ready well... my strategy is to deny that I am in love until I'm not anymore. I'll let you know how well that works. I've been at it for months. :P

thatgirl_93 said...
I think finding love in high school is possible. You just have to be able to accept both the good and the bad things about him or her. there as to be trust and you should be comfortable enough with that person to let him/her understand you and fully get to know you

DEAR KUMANGA I THINK YOURE RIGHT BECAUSE I THINK IM GONNA WAIT TO FIND "THE ONE" BECAUSE I THOUT I FOUND THE ONE AWILE BACK AND SHE CHEATED ON ME WITH SOME DUDE ON MYSPACE AND THE FUNNEY THING WAS THAT SHE CONVINCED THAT SHE NEVER WOULD DO THAT BUT I GUESS ITS WHATEVER.

KuMaNgA said...
umm i dont get it.. ppl say that they could be in love at young age and others say they cant.. I think that when you say that your in love then you are. but if you thhink they're not the one, then they're not.. thats what i think..lol and im waitin till i get older to fall in love.. lol i'm 16 n i think that i should wait till im 17 or 18.,,, lol or older,..

miasophia35 BRONZE, Sheffield, Illinois

"People are only as happy as they make up their mind to be."-Abraham Lincoln

I used to not think it was possible to fall in love in high school, but then i realized you fall in love when God wants you too, thats could be when you are 4 and you don't know it or when you are 14 or 19 or 27 or 80. For me I fiinally accepted that fact and when i did, God put my current boyfriend in my life. We have everything in common and its perfect, but thats what I believe.

lovelost said...
ive read the twilight series too and i do think its possible to fall in love in highschool but not for everyone for alot of people love doesnt come till collage or something.you may have a boyfriend but that doesnt mean he is the one and u made avary good point by the way

victoria1687 said...
on Sep. 30 2009 at 10:43 am
Dear Mariah

As someone who used to believe I was in love during high school, and now realize I wasn't, I'd like to report that although I do believe it's possible, but not frequent, for a teenager to fall in love, in most cases it's simply infatuation.

As for your friends who believe they're in love, and no offence to them, but likely aren't, they will one day know and feel the true essence of being in love and might even laugh at the fact that they thought "Little Matty" from History 801 was "the One".

Love is a beautiful thing but it's nothing one should or even can rush in to. Your time will come. Do not stress out over it!

P.S. Love at first site is extremely rare, but for some people and for some reason, it's possible.

CandieApple PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin

The world is a stage, and we are merely players- Shakespeare (at least it goes something like that!!)

I. Agree. Completely. I think we need to be older to really know when we're in love and know that this guy is the one. We're so young and just start out with love and may think he's the "one", but rethink and look at another angle.

biggerinfinities SILVER, Superior, Colorado

“We accept the love we think we deserve.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Thank you for being the only resonable person, what are people talking about? it is HIGH SCHOOL after all- come on, you have the rest of your life!!