Young Love | Teen Ink

Young Love

By CandieApple PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin
CandieApple PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin

The world is a stage, and we are merely players- Shakespeare (at least it goes something like that!!)

Walking around the school halls people talking about who's hot and who's not. Chatting about who they like and who they dislike, who they want to date and who they don't. I'm in middle school and already people my age are talking about dating! I think we are too young to date in my opinion. Recently my friend got a boyfriend and she's only 11!!! I think we need to live in the moment of our age. Have fun playing soccer and keep crushes, crushes until you're older. I understand kids liking the oppisite sex, but dating? I keep telling my friends that we're young and she be running around and playing sports. They just ignore me and shake it off. What do you think?

I know!! And they're not going to really do much of anything anyways. They can't even drive!

writingrox BRONZE, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore)

I think people should start dating at age 16, when they know more about love. Who would want to date at age 11? Seriously!

I agree. I would probably think 18 yr olds would be thinking about getting married. but i wouldnt be thinking about it... :)

Jazzy said...
Jazzy, Stickney, Illinois

Running will get you no were so don\'t hide from it.

well I don't know personally what your talking about.With dating young because I started dating when I was sixteen and im now eightteen.I have had three boyfreinds so far.This recent boyfriend he is great we are madly in love.Hes talking about kids getting married and moving in together.Are love is really deep we've been going out for three years.Personally I think 11 is to young to date.Your feelings are getting cofusing with getting puberty coming up and all.You really don't hafe to do what others do.When you feel its right then thats when you date.

morbid0291 said...
thx buddy i love this way to tell them see u

I understand the fact that everyone has their own opinion. I just decided to tell everyone mine. :)

rachawtchoo said...
In our opinion middle school isnt too young for dating. I think its too young to go on one-on-one dates but if you go on double dates. Dont worry about what other people are doing! Just be yourself and remember that everyone has their own opinion.

i think its who evers opinion its a good story but let people be. 96% of the world marry their middle/high school lovers

Yeah. I'm just talking about ppl my age. I think when we r like 15 and up around there we can date.

kellygurl365 SILVER, Cave Junction, Oregon
well dependign on what your age is you may think differently than me. I truely think that dating and being dumped and gettting your heart broken and making mistakes is a part of life that helps us learn and grow to be better adults. i do agree that 11 years is a little young

winnie_h said...
on Sep. 28 2009 at 11:41 am
i don't think that you're too young to date, and that dating people is part of growing up

Sunshineyday said...
on Sep. 28 2009 at 6:56 am
Forget that! Let us kids be kids. Cuase you can never go back to youth, but you'll have the rest of your life to "date" if you want.

on Sep. 28 2009 at 12:20 am
nolongerinuse SILVER, San Antonio, Texas

“Love has no desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving.” - Kahlil Gibran

Forgive me if you think I seem arrogant or anything, but I have always felt older than I am (13) and only very recently have I experianced love. I mean REAL love, not the crud people nowadays think is love. Yes, make no mistake, I know what I am talking about, I have experianced the dreamy sort of everything-including-the-government-looks-beautiful-today feeling that involves clutsiness that we call love. I think in the rare event that people seem older than they are, it might be okay...if I could I would date the guy I love now. Of course I can't...but you get the picture.

on Sep. 27 2009 at 11:28 am

I agree with us being too young for actual love. And i understand your point of view! I like it when ppl have other opinions!

on Sep. 27 2009 at 10:42 am
NessieMarie GOLD, Minonk, Illinois
ehh. i think your too young for actual love. but dating? is not really a big deal if you think about it. i mean...unless theyre like going out to dinner and stuff. cause like theyre probably just saying their dating...i mean. its not even ACTUAL dating...

Rstar24 BRONZE said...
Rstar24 BRONZE, New York, New York
yea i totally agree with you its like these days everyone wants to be dating and stuff.

on Sep. 26 2009 at 11:10 am
i also agree with you.

im 16, and i think were too young for relationships. we have no idea what love is until it really happens.

I agree with you! I think that people should wait on dating until they are older and really have a reason.