I Might get Loud;It Will get Louder | Teen Ink

I Might get Loud;It Will get Louder

By Chaos_Theory BRONZE, Forney, Texas
Chaos_Theory BRONZE, Forney, Texas

If you eyes see it, and your ears see it, then your mind will believe it.

I might get loud, it will get Louder.

I am writing this to include my opinion on how music can change the world and how music has changed the world. I will define what music is, is it a science or an art, and is it a skill that can be picked up or a God given talent?

I believe that music is the most definitive form of self expression. You can give the quietest person in the world a pair of drum sticks and an acoustic drum set and he will express what he is thinking but never says through the drums.

What is music? The definition of music is “an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color”. I define music as the expression of thought and emotion through sound. You hear somebody playing Amazing Grace on an acoustic guitar, what thoughts and emotions do you think that this person has. He is obviously a member of some form of Christianity, whether it is Baptist, Methodist, or whatever you choose. He believes that Jesus Christ was and is a real human and expresses his emotions through one of the most known songs in the world.

Music is an art through the sound that expresses its overpowering emotions; it is a science through the way it is constructed in the modern recording studio. Anyone can pickup an instrument and express through it some form of emotions, an actual player of the instrument can pick up their instrument and make you cry with the noise the can make.

People have spent their entire lives mastering just one instrument, their maybe people out there who can play several instruments, I once knew a kid who could play guitar, drums, piano, bass, flute, trumpet, harmonica, and the bag pipes. He was musically gifted by God. However the people who learn every instrument they can get their hands on usually don’t become near as talented in anyone instrument as a person who learned one instrument. There are of course some exceptions.

Music has been around as long as history has been writ and even before then. Music is the most unstoppable force in the world, it can do anything. Music has been used throughout history for everything from battle cries to honoring the foregone dead. Music is an unstoppable force and an unmovable object that will forever exist even when humans are gone. Nature can make some of the most beautiful music in the world even though it is slowly but surely being wiped out. Music will last all of our lifetimes and will continuously evolve as humanity adapts to its very different situations.

I wrote this piece because i felt it needed to be said.

izayick said...
People say that a picture is worth a thousand words and i completely agree, but your article has made me realize that a song, or even a poem is worth a million.