Pakistani People and Their Endless Obsessions | Teen Ink

Pakistani People and Their Endless Obsessions

By aneeza SILVER, Bahawalpur, Other
aneeza SILVER, Bahawalpur, Other

Pakistani people and their endless obsessions! 

The world has much to know about Pakistanis except for the little negative they emphasize on! I hope my article plays a part in it.

1. Chai
When talking regarding desi people,the first thought that wanders across one's mind is chai/tea.It is kind if a hobby to some people and think of those daughters,sisters who spend the whole day making tea for everyone in the family.Moreover,tea to some Pakistanis is life but honestly if you are a true Pakistani at heart,you just can't resist tea/caffeine. Regardless the type,almost 85% of Pakistanis are tea lovers! 

2. Cricket
A fever on nerves is the best phrase to describe the relation between Pakistanis and cricket.From a six years old to any adult out there,not just men but most of the women are also addicted to cricket.Any championship and this huge cricket wave takes everybody in its control! If its a victory for the green shirts,one living in Pakistani will surely witness crackers,firing and slogans as a symbol of celebration and unity!Despite hockey being our National sport,cricket is the most watched sport in Pakistan!

3.Trend Followers
Pakistanis are so obsessed with the Western culture and lifestyle that they can never have enough of it,no matter what! Today,the western influence has taken over people's minds that they can't just feel how beautiful life is in their homeland and what wonders is nature offering them! However,Pakistanis are famous or rather infamous for forging things and so they do, creating fusion between the west and the east! 

4.Sale
Most of us can surely relate to this one!! This sounds hilarious but any banner/billboard that says "Up to 75% off" can grab any Pakistanis attention despite of any other important goals he/she has to accomplish! A store that stays empty all year will not have enough space to step in when the rates are discounted! In fact,some people take it as an obligation to shop when the items are on sale! 

5.Bollywood
Though adults can not be excluded from this category but particularly all teenagers are addicted to Bollywood then be it songs or movies! This movie craze is now gradually coming to an end as the renewal of Pakistani cinema has begun! The recent dub-smash application proves that most of the Bollywood movies are dubbed in Pakistan.However,this Bollywood craze can never get old in Pakistan! 

6. Brand consciousness 
Be it men or women,no person living within the boarders of Pakistan can keep away from this craze rather than obsession of being entirely brand labelled when he/she dresses up!From tip to toe,every accessory you possess must be branded!

This was basically an overview of how crazy and addicted people living in Pakistan are to their peculiar areas of interest! Pakistani people are adorable but what the world sees in us is harsh and rude behavior which certainly is only the least part of us!  At heart,Pakistanis are real loving and caring people who have great respect and value for relations! Most of the Pakistanis are genuine people and can't tolerate the fake drama going around in the society while the rest are busy creating it ( JK)! 

August being a month when the sense of Patriotism urges each and every one of us to unite,I believe one day this land will be united and the people will definitely overcome all the troubles of today! With hope,strength and unity, we shall overcome all the obstacles and flourish into a successful and peaceful Nation playing a part in the betterment of the World! All this hatred shall vanish and all that will be left on the planet earth shall be peace and calm people! 

Despite the world having their own opinion of my homeland and its natives,I have firm believe that one day they shall know what pride we have in our nation! I hope we prosper in all aspects and rise and shine till the world exists!