Science in the Garbage | Teen Ink

Science in the Garbage

This is to the brainless quacks that with hold vaccinations from their children. Talk about a slap in the face to science. Millions of people are following pseudoscience that has been spread by a porn star and a comedian while science continues to prove them wrong. "MMR is the problem" "Mercury is the problem" "No we never said that, we meant that vaccines are the problem" The argument keeps on changing when one point gets disproved and then the next one does and then the next one does. People need to get it through their thick skull, VACCINES DO NOT CAUSE AUTISM! For those that think so you are harming not only your children but other at risk populations. Herd immunity is completely useless if it is missing the immunity part and that screws us all. How many studies must be done before you admit you were wrong and a hazard to yourself, your children and the community? How many? And to those parents that think it's alright for their child to get sick with a natural disease because its happened for thousands of years, I ask you this; would you be alright if I gave your child polio and they were never able to walk or breath on their own or if they happened to get diphtheria and died from asphyxiation or have heart failure. I really hope that your answer would be no and that the hypocrisy can be insanely clear. Sadly I fear that some of you still may disagree and say that those diseases aren't prevalent in the U.S. and you would be correct. I'm not gonna dispute facts, like most of you, those diseases are mostly and after thought in the U.S., but incase you missed it the world is a web of connections and just because something is in Africa doesn't mean that it can't be anywhere in the world in a matter of hours. Don't believe me? Look at the recent case of MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome). Have you heard of it? I doubt it because it like polio isn't found in the U.S. yet it managed to find its way 7000 miles across and across and ocean to an unsuspecting community in Indiana. Now most people are probably thinking that I am being rude and mean and to be honest not professional. To those people I say you're damn right I'm not. Frankly, as these ideas spread there is no time for polite discourse. They need to be killed now before innocent children, that had no say in their lack of vaccination, get killed. This is time sensitive and people need to stop throwing out science and start throwing out the rhetoric of a comedian and a porn star that have no knowledge of science or even the slightest hint of analytic skills.