Humanity Over Nationality | Teen Ink

Humanity Over Nationality

July 16, 2014
By TaylorJLutz SILVER, Saginaw, Michigan
TaylorJLutz SILVER, Saginaw, Michigan
5 articles 0 photos 5 comments

In the second paragraph of the United States constitution it states that, “All men were created equal…” This statement should have come with a disclaimer saying, “unless you’re not an American citizen in which case you are far less valuable to us.” We live in a world divided into countries that to me seem almost barbaric and uncivilized. We fight day and night over who has what resources and who’s trying to make bombs. I understand the need to have separate nations at earlier points in history, but with how our society has developed and the amount of connection the world has I find the idea of separate nations antique and obsolete. We can already see this happening with the forming of the E.U. and increasing prevalence of the U.N. Some people like to call this the “New World Order” which I believe is just the next step in the story of humankind. Just as we evolved from the nomadic times to civilization I believe that we as a world will evolve from confined states to a worldwide union. I hope that someday we can come together not as Americans, Germans, Russians, Israelis, Chinese, etc. but as humans, and create a better world for all of humanity.


The author's comments:
All humans were created equal.