When Love Equates Hate. | Teen Ink

When Love Equates Hate.

December 1, 2011
By ThatGirlInTheCorner SILVER, Edmond, Oklahoma
ThatGirlInTheCorner SILVER, Edmond, Oklahoma
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"life sucks, and then you die."


What do you think of when you hear the word Religion? Would you say God? Allah? or some other religious figure? Probably. Because who wants to think about the cruelty that comes out of something so simple and innocent? It brings tears to my eyes each time i read or hear about another person dying, because of his beliefs. True, religion gives peace, a helping hand, freedom, and even honor. These are all the things we pay too much attention to when we think about our Sunday morning gatherings. How can one even dare to question everything he has ever known, or believed in? As i watch others from a distance i begin to see just how primitive we really are. Sure, we know how to make shiny objects that grasp our slowly diminishing minds for hours a day, but in all reality that's as far as we have gone in "maturing". Great strides have been made to help the public see how much we can accomplish through just being in touch with others as much as ourselves. Yet, even though human nature at its basics is to understand new, or strange things; we seem to forget that when discussing the Divine. With so many of these petty little fights among leaders, I find that most of them are like that of a child. And instead of toys, we're arguing over A man in the clouds that killed his son so that we can all be "saved" through "knowing" him; Or a man with the head of an elephant, or a Lady of the stars, and so on and so forth. We get the idea, there's something out there. But do we all really have even the faintest idea of what happens when we bite the dust? In truth, no we do not. But others beg to differ, and continue to spread discrimination, disgust, death, hopelessness, and longing to be accepted. Think about it. The Holocaust didn't happen because a Jew decided to annoy Hitler. It happened because of his hatred of anyone not agreeing with his belief, and not fitting the description of a perfect being. How vain we all are, trying to shield our eyes of the things that we do. The thought brings a great sadness to my heart, but brings a greater anger in the deepest bowels of my soul. You can't hide from yourself, or what you do. Or the mistakes, and regret will pile into one black void inside yourself. Live, and learn; or Die in return.