Out of ourselves | Teen Ink

Out of ourselves

By Taylor Toepke BRONZE, Richey, Montana
Taylor Toepke BRONZE, Richey, Montana

As the light beamed in the shadowy midst of morning,
I lay awake dreaming, whispering, wondering...
Of what the world has become.
The light that was ever so shining bloomed out at me like never before.
It made me wonder of the things near and the things distant, that we as people have imagined but yet experienced.
The dreams we imagined wallow in our head, but only as a figure of our imagination.
Our thoughts, voice, people, judgements, and character come together through the night.
We dream... of what we want.
We wish... of things we don't have.
We wonder... of whats soon to come.
We whisper... as if nobody can hear.
And our light still shines, but shines less when we know there's no way out of it.
Out of this place, out of our own mind, and sometimes out of...
Ourselves.

Taylor Toepke BRONZE, Richey, Montana
Hey Louis, what I meant about "we whisper as if no one can hear" is that we all say horrible things about one another and we tell someone else then it just goes around to person to person and we don't realize what mess we created because we didn't know the person would find out.

What i was thinking about when i wrote this is that we all want more but we don't realize how great our lives are and god is doing so many things to help us and we are making our world a mess by the things we say and how hurtful we are to people.

I'm glad you enjoyed it and i will for sure stop by and read your poems :).

Taylor

Louis GOLD said...
Louis GOLD, Paris, Other

Too much isn't enough.

Hey Taylor,

I've read all three of your poems and I have to admit this one touched le the most as i really feel like i can relate to it.

Can I ask what you meant by "we whisper... as if nobody can hear"? Also, what did you think about writing this?

Great job! Look forward to reading more...

Hope you'll stop by on my page...

Louis

calephchad BRONZE, Guin, Alabama
I love this poem! 5 out of 5 definitely! This is very well written. If you would like, I'd appreciate it if you stopped by and read one, or even all of my poems. Thanks and thanks for posting this poem! Keep it up!