Need Love? | Teen Ink

Need Love?

By carijoy SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
carijoy SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona

See it but never feel it.
Get close, only to push it away.
“Don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone”
Epitome of my life.
What is wrong with me?
What makes me so un-lovable?
Can someone remove this defective sign from my forehead,
And replace it with a kiss.
I want more than mediocre.
I want someone to miss.
Do I ask for too much?
Are my requirements unachievable?
My heart remains unconquered, unattained.
I’m tired of fairy tale endings,
Silly thoughts put in my head by unrealistic, but hopelessly believable movies.
They are all the same.
Girl meets boy. Girl messes it up. Boy forgives girl.
Happily Ever After.
At least they let on that relationships have problems.
I want raw, unrelenting love.
The real deal.
No movie, novel, or episode of “Sex and the City” could ever touch.
Left alone, drowning in thoughts,
Who else in the world could need love,
Like I need love?

chrisbriones GOLD, Anaheim, California

"I believe nothing can be justly and completely explained by words."

keep going, ok?

Ms.me_2 BRONZE said...
Ms.me_2 BRONZE, Lake Mary, Florida

"A womans heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man must seek him first to find her"

I need love like you need love this poem was deep and it was so how i feel about love.......

carijoy SILVER said...
carijoy SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
Thank you so, so, so, so, SO very much for your encouragement. I'm glad there are other people out there who can appreciate it, and truly see it for what it is.

I guess I have loved and lost too, but someday, something will work out. I haven't lost hope, and neither should you.

calephchad BRONZE, Guin, Alabama
I love the imagery you express in this poem. It's so unique in so many ways and I love it entirely. :)

I just recently got my some of my work published on here so if anyone would like to check out my work, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks. :)

chrisbriones GOLD, Anaheim, California

thank you. thank you for not being some oblivious person who thinks that beautiful works of art rely on rhymes. you, like a select few, have seen through the wall of ignorance; you have escaped this city of oblivion; you have relieved yourself of the human defect which presides amongst all, or at least until some, like you, decide to release themselves. thank you for that.

true expression does not need perfect lines or rhymes or whatnot. perhaps flow, because in flow is true expression. but no one can truly understand except the artist (you in this case), save for those who, like you, have grown tiresome.

and one more thing, i hope you find that person that can make you want, make you vulnerable, make you miss and want and strive,...i hope you find that person who inspires you...i did...but i let her go. dont make my mistake.

freespirit94 GOLD, St. Louis, Missouri

“Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in their looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are."
-Marcus Zusak

Wow, u write with such imagery and deepness. u can definitely tell that it came from your heart. great job!

francheeze88 SILVER, Oak Park, Illinois
I love you for this poem. Story of my life! You put the desire for love into words that make sense, its great

Internallybeautiful BRONZE, Tilson, New York

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass is it about learning how to dance in the rain"

i love this you have a very intuive soul let it all out i feel your pain

babygurlnephta, Estero, Florida
0 articles 1 photo 1 comment
love your poem....ideal summary of my life......

carijoy SILVER said...
carijoy SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
I accidently posted this on my poem instead of Daimon, Demon's post. Ooops!

dylonmichael GOLD, El Dorado, Kansas

i have two one is "live life as if it were your last day on earth" and two is "never make some one your everything because when they leave you you have nothing"

ABSOLUTLY AMAZING i love it so much and i kind of know how you feel

carijoy SILVER said...
carijoy SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
:) Once again amazing, keep it up. So true and real.

carijoy SILVER said...
carijoy SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
This was AMAZING! I loved it, it was so real, I feel like I was there, or like I was Clara. Keep it up!

carijoy SILVER said...
carijoy SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona

Cierra14 BRONZE, Dell Rapids, South Dakota
heyyy..i love this poem :)

but i hope you know that there is someone out there that loves you :)

Carijoy, you deserve love. I enjoyed "Need Love?" and I was inspired by it. Reality is intangible to daydreamers, is it not? Read, and analyze.

Wisps of smoke danced into the wintry air from my lips, creating ornate designs that could never be replicated. I carefully tilted the corners of my lips into a smile that I meant to be wry. Of course, it's difficult to articulate emotions that I can't feel, but I find that irony is relatively simple to demonstrate. I inhaled the toxic vapors of the cigarette casually. Its sinister, black cancer couldn't cripple a seventeen-year-old boy with no lungs, let alone a heart.

I glanced in the direction of the horizon, and flinched. The sun was dying flamboyantly, casting its radiant colors across the sky. Its last waves of light caressed my cold, pale skin. I wanted to snarl rebelliously as I felt its warmth slide against me deviously.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?”

My muscles went rigid, and I had to focus madly on controlling my shaking hands. I would know that voice, that beautiful, disastrous voice, in the realms beyond that of Earth. I grated my teeth, reeling in the disturbing sensations that she unknowingly always aroused in me.

I cocked my body towards her arrogantly, and lifted my mouth into a crooked crescent moon. I felt my eyes flashing, but I worked vehemently to fixate an arctic, hard tone into the dark of my indigo irises.

“I find the sunset lifeless and meaningless, actually,” I countered flatly, and a beat too late.

She laughed merrily, and I struggled within myself as my mind and body became entranced by the beautiful movement of her laughter as the colors of the sun played about her.

“You amuse me, Darian. How can you have such a pessimistic view of the world? The sun will not be lifeless until it disappears beneath the horizon, and the night falls. It’ll rise tomorrow, though,” she said.

I dared not think of her name. I hated the way my soul-if I had a soul-thrilled when her voice lingered over my name. It reminded me of music. I had to close my mind defiantly as I thought of music. I wanted nothing that resembled passion.

“That’s an inane notion that foolish women entertain. You want poetry, and ridiculous vows of forever. You aren’t difficult to read. If you want that sunset to mean something, then you want unrequited love. It doesn’t work like that,” I growled unmercifully, angry at her for unleashing the flood of feelings upon me.

I understand your perspective of reality, and I admire the honesty of your poem. Reality. Daydreams. My story is inspired by "Need Love?"

Her lovely green eyes shifted into hard emeralds.

“What do you know about me, Dare? And what’s so wrong with having dreams? And why are you talking to me like that? I was simply commenting on the sunset.” She tossed her red curls, clearly miffed.

I lifted my chin, and blew smoke in her face. It was easier on me when she was angry. I don’t know why she bothered with me. Why she was brave enough to confront me. Why she didn’t follow the laws of the superficial high school we both attended. Why she didn’t stay away from me, like everyone else.

“You’ll die from that smoking, Darian.” She glared at me. We’d had this argument a lot. I lifted my eyebrows, and turned away from her, signaling that the conversation was over.

She didn’t obey, and I sighed.

“You know, Dare, you could let yourself feel. You could understand it.” Her voice was soft, a whisper in the darkening air. She was air. My air.

I reviled the potency of the emotions I could feel pulsing through me. I ran a hand through my black hair nervously, my body skidding with strange, unfamiliar energy. I didn’t want to answer her. Why didn’t she leave?

I made a fatal mistake when I looked at her. Every nerve inside of me screamed, as though my body and internal organs were recharging hurriedly in the rare moment of my awakening.

I think I felt my heart beat hesitantly.

My voice seemed like that of a stranger. It had a rich, deep tone to it. It had color.

“Understand what?”

Something in my expression changed the way she was looking at me. It may have mirrored the arrangement of my own features. She became vulnerable in that instant.

“Kiss me.” She whispered brokenly.

Surprise jolted keenly through me. God, I wished I was numb again. Everything felt electric-too intense and too vivid. Emotions scattered across my being, a mutinous invasion of the raging war against myself. I was defenseless and an easy prey to her request. I breathed jaggedly, and there was a husky vibe to it. Want. I recognized it more clearly as it bloomed vibrantly through me.

And she was waiting. For me.

I destroyed the walls I had so warily built as I leaned towards her. She lifted a creamy hand and laid it tenderly against my cheek, the expectation making her bold. I moaned, and closed my eyes. My own hands loosened, and reached for her face greedily.

Something hot-burning-ignited against my skin. I wrenched myself away, dazed by the unpleasant sensation. Had a spark traveled through our bodies? That’s when I noticed the cigarette kindling like a faint ember beside my marred hand. It had burnt me. The throbbing pain brought a wave of consciousness through me. Reality. And I stared at her face, inches from mine, and something clicked inside of me. Gears that began humming smoothly, like a tuned clock. I pulled back, and tossed her hand away like it stung. I grimaced as the vitals within me slowly resumed their state of nothingness, and shook my head to clear it of its nonsensical ideas.

She watched the change take possession of me, and tears began to collect in her eyes.

I found that I could care less.

I grinned at her, and mocked, “I taste of cigarettes, Clara.”

She got up shockingly to her feet, and backed away as if understanding for the first time what I was. Tears stained her nondescript face.

I smiled, that careful replication of a smile, and said acidly, “Did I humor your silly fantasies well?”

Her face crumpled entirely, and she pivoted away and ran sobbing from my scathing ridicule.

The sun died, and all was dark.

KaraTaylor DIAMOND, Neptune, New Jersey

"life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments"

"experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes."

"be as you wish to seem."

"it's better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you are not."

this is awesomeee! but i am sorry you feel that way :( everyone needs love. <3

Dunkelheitstieg BRONZE, Baldwin, Florida

"The poet ranks far below the painter in the representation of visible things, and far below the musician in that of invisible things. Why does the eye see a thing more clearly in dreams than the imagination when awake?,"Leonardo da Vinci.

Hey, that's an awsome poem!:)

ariwrites94 GOLD, Deltona, Florida

"At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet." ---Plato

Wonderful job!!!! you are a talented writer and keep up the good work! if u have time please check out my poem called "Sensitive Am I" and rate and leave a comment. Thanks and keep writing!