You and Me | Teen Ink

You and Me

January 15, 2023
By Tori_H BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
Tori_H BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

You and me, we’re completely different from each other

You’re brilliant, you take many different AP classes while I stay an average B to C student.

I’m athletic and try to be a fitness enthusiast while you work on trying to get some gains.

You’re white, I’m Hispanic.

You’re pretty tall, I’m a respectable 5’4.

You have siblings, I have one who doesn’t talk to me.

You’re gay, I’m a lesbian.

It’s things like this that make me question: How the f*** did I meet you in the first place?

Like what divine power on this massive world cause the both of us to meet each other? How did I meet you?

We banter so often, you make me laugh so much, I make you question my intelligence.

I can hardly think of a single reason to why we get along as well as we do. Like, we must look pretty odd when we’re standing next to one another.

You have curly dirty blonde hair while I have straightened dark brown hair.

You have light hazel eyes while mine are a deep brown.

You dress like an emo sometimes, while I rarely wear anything other than a sweatshirt and sweatpants.

But, we’ve both been scrutinized. We both have divorced parents. We both enjoy the same humor. 

It’s odd for me to be open about how glad I am to be his friend, so I hope that I can continue to be your friend. 

You and me, together.


The author's comments:

I made this after thinking about a friend of mine, I hold him very dear.