It's the small things. | Teen Ink

It's the small things.

By Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado
Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado

Everything you have will someday be gone. Even if you don’t miss it now, you probably will later. So take pictures and hide them in your memories so you can recall them later after everything that is becomes everything that was. OR I know you’re hurting, even if it’s just when you’re alone and thoughts seem to rush into your head and you can’t seem to keep them from coming in. But there can be beauty in pain; Even though sometimes it’s hard to see.

It’s the small things that make you laugh, that make you cry, that make you want to keep going, that make you want to give up, and that make you remember. The random joke, the one that said no, the one that made you hold on for a second longer and take one step farther, the one that didn’t believe in you, and the one that reminded you that we’re not all bad, that some do still care. The hello in the hall, the thought that wouldn’t leave, the feeling of success, the sadness of rejection, the one that left, and the one that you’ll never forget. Life’s full of thoughts, problems, pain, laughter, and people. But that’s what makes it so wonderful, but at the same time so unbearable.

People often think the it's only the big things that impact people. When really that big thing is made up of a lot of little things, each with more meaning then the one before it.