Do we make life or does life make us? | Teen Ink

Do we make life or does life make us?

By Abel24 GOLD, Alpharetta, Georgia
Abel24 GOLD, Alpharetta, Georgia

"Never to suffer would never to have been blessed."
- Edgar Allan Poe

"The death of a beautiful woman, is unquestionably the most poetical topic in the world."

-Edgar Allan Poe

Do we make life or does life make us? We cannot control life, but yet life can control us. To life, we are nothing but a lost toddler at an amusement park. At first glance we look around and see far too much to comprehend. All we feel are emotions, we cry, we laugh, and we love. But yet, deep within us is the feeling of being overwhelmed. That feeling also has another name, it's called learning, and it is overwhelming...

It is hard for me to learn, I have always had trouble learning things like Geometry, Algebra and so forth. I guess what really inspired me to write this was when my parent took me, my sister and her two best friends to Six Flags. I looked around and it was quite hard to navigate our way around. I started to find myself overwhelmed and I remembered my sophmore and junior years in math durring high school. At that one moment, when I was supposed to be having fun, I felt everything I had felt before.

wasabigirl said...
A beautiful poem that touches something inside each of us. No matter how old we are, there are times when uncertainty and the unknown overtake us. Thank you for this verse.

Abel24 GOLD said...
Abel24 GOLD, Alpharetta, Georgia

- Edgar Allan Poe

-Edgar Allan Poe

thnx my friend! it took me awhile to be inspired to write something as this. As of now, this and Dreams are my best pieces right now.

ameerrante GOLD, Chester, Connecticut
Truly amazing; made me ask myself many questions. Very thought-provoking. You are quite intelligent ! I'm glad to find that I'm not the only one who feels this way at some points in my life.