Am I insane? | Teen Ink

Am I insane?

By Jubilex SILVER, Adelaide, Other
Jubilex SILVER, Adelaide, Other

"I think that if I ever have kids, and they are upset, I won't tell them people are starving in China or anything like that because it won't change the fact that they were upset. And even if someone has it much worse, that doesn't really change the fact that you have what you have. Good and bad."
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky

Am I insane?
A plot to gain.
Request for rain,
Or a little pain.
Walk in shame,
Resist the game.
A light, my flame
And I'm to blame.
Am I insane?
Am I insane?

It's not supposed to make sense. That's the point.

Jubilex SILVER said...
Jubilex SILVER, Adelaide, Other

Also, thank you! :)

Jubilex SILVER said...
Jubilex SILVER, Adelaide, Other

Ha! Yeah, it's an odd one.

ImmortalRose GOLD, Arvada, Colorado

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.
Khalil Gibran

I dont know why... but this made me laugh... I absolutely love it...

Authorgal98 GOLD, Frankort, Illinois

"Let your mind sart a journey through a strange new world..."

This is really good, and relateble. ;)

Those are the most fun things to write about xD

Jubilex SILVER said...
Jubilex SILVER, Adelaide, Other

Thanks :)

It may seem like it makes sense and it may to a point, but I filled it with things that mean something to me from my experiences, so it's filled with hidden references.

But this does make sense!!! I like it.

It's not supposed to make sense to sane people right? :D

Thanks. That's good to know. I don't need my teacher asking any questions, even though I doubt she would. I just want to be sure. I don't like unexpected surprises. I think I will sign up.

Jubilex SILVER said...
Jubilex SILVER, Adelaide, Other

I hope not :P I doubt they would. You could always make something up too, they'll hardly know. I think mine has '...' written in it.

Thanks. :) One last question: why do they want to know my teacher's name? Would they contact her?

Jubilex SILVER said...
Jubilex SILVER, Adelaide, Other

That's cool. Whatever you choose is fine. If you do sign up, I'd be happy to talk to you on the forums.

Thanks. I'm still not sure if I'll sign up, but I'm thinking about it. I've read some of your comments on the forums and you are exactly the sort of friend I've always wanted: kind, compassionate, sensibe and you aren't afraid to speak your mind. Take Care. 

Thanks for replying back so quickly. I guess I'm so cautious because I've been hurt by too many people who I thought were friends. I find it so hard to trust people now. I have this irrational fear that if anyone finds out anything about me then something bad will happen. When I was thinking about replying to any of these, I looked around and read some of your stuff and you are really sensibe, caring and used to giving advice. Take Care.

Jubilex SILVER said...
Jubilex SILVER, Adelaide, Other

I don't even know. I think the address is so that they can mail out copies of the magazine to you. If one of your pieces gets in, they'll mail you a copy for free. School name is probably some kind of census thing.

I can totally relate to feeling crazy and scared, wondering if I was out of control, but I eventually calmed down enough to think rationally. I'd sign up, but I'm cautious. Why do they want our address or school name?

Jubilex SILVER said...
Jubilex SILVER, Adelaide, Other

Thanks to both comments. I doubt this piece makes me much of a writer though. It was kind of a joke. I was feeling mighty crazy at the time. There are quite a number of hidden references relative to my own experiences though, which I find amusing, even if no one else ever sees them.

I love this! Your such a good writer!

pinkypromise23 PLATINUM, Cranston, Rhode Island

i know that you believe you understand what you think i said, but im not sure you realize that what you heard is not what i meant.

i really like this and nice rhyming(: