Hear you not the pulse of man? | Teen Ink

Hear you not the pulse of man?

By bloodroselove SILVER, Spring Mills, Pennsylvania
bloodroselove SILVER, Spring Mills, Pennsylvania

Hear you not the pulse of man?
Beat beat beat as the armies march
Cough cough cough as the sick suffer
Bang bang bang
Another man dead
Boom boom boom
Another city annihilated
Please please please
Another beggar starves
Ring ring ring
Another wife breaking inside
Sob sob sob
Another child homeless
Crack crack crack
Another slave bleeding
Beep beep beep
Another lying comatose
Oh why oh why oh why
Another mother cries tonight over unborn life
Glug glug glug
Just another drunk
Screech screech screech
Just a car
Just a family
Just our world

i came up with the idea for this while i was watching the news. it occured to me that everything seems to be sugar coated these days. no one truly understands the pulse of man and how many out there truly live and truly affected.

WrittenEmotions PLATINUM, Fairhope, Alabama

The only people who don't get anywhere are the people who don't dream of a better place for themselves...

Honestly, to me Rose, I really found this piece to be quite shocking, and sad, but also beautiful in a way... Your voice is your OWN. Just like how I have people telling me that I need to use less ellipses (periods that drag off) That's not going to change the way I write my poetry; because that is part of my voice. You don't have to change your work if you don't want too. Personally, I would leave it like this, it's beautiful. I would also REALLY appreciate it if you took the time to rate and give honest comments on all the rest of my poems you haven't read, please! ^^ 5/5 because I believe it's beautiful the way it is.

(: thank you i know alot of people would get bummed out with critisicm but thanks alot for yours. i love it because it helps me grow and become a better writer. now that i look back over it i do agree. "beggars" was just another word to me for people like the homeless and even third world countries. if you dont mind i would LOVE! if you could check out my other stuff and comment on what you think. i always appreciate help to make me a more skilled writer

NickyJ BRONZE said...
NickyJ BRONZE, Hyde Park, New York

“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.” ~Robert Frost

Honestly, I found it a little corny. However in some places the 3-word repetiton actually produces a great effect.

And while "beggars" don't really exsist today, I feel like its easy to get the jist of what your saying. It just seems like it has a lot of potential but you fell short by using cliches such as "sick suffer" and "another wife breaking inside" and even the ending "car/familyworld".

However it started really strong. I really like the title and how it opens with the same words. I just it fell short of what it could have been.

lvamp1192 SILVER, Schuylerville, New York

"Nothing is Trivial..."
-Brandon Lee

it really rings true to our society it almost made me cry with the reality of it all.....KEEP WRITING!! world needs to hear ur voice