Coffee and Danish | Teen Ink

Coffee and Danish

By LittleBlue GOLD, Simpsonville, South Carolina
LittleBlue GOLD, Simpsonville, South Carolina

"He [Jesus Christ] must increase, but I must decrease." - John 3:30
"I'm giving it all--- away--- away. I'm giving it all--- to go--- Your way."- Hillsong United, "Go"
"The littel grey cells..." - Hercule Poirot

I ate a danish. It was berry and cheese.
I sat at a table watching what was going on around me. The rain poured out outside, wettening the sidewalk and atmosphere. Lovely rain.
I took a sip of coffee. Ohhhhhh. The danish taste still in my mouth combined with the hazelnut medium roast, with just enough cream in the coffee and two packs of sugar. It was warm, after the brief walk in the cool rain.
A mom sat a few tables away. She had an iced coffee drink, I think a caramel macchiato. She fed her child a muffin piece by piece.
Two business-looking men sat discussing something, one showing the other something on a tablet.
I took another sip of coffee.
A young couple walked in, talking and laughing.
A few other people by themselves sat in various places. Most had laptops. One was a guy wearing a beanie, in shorts and a V-neck; he looked in his twenties; he was sipping a hot coffee drink. Another was a girl who looked like she had just come from school; she was pouring over a textbook; judging by the doubled cup and the tea-bag string, she drank tea.
The baristas laughed together when one scattered a cup of ice over the floor and almost slipped.
Someone in the drive-through was being handed their bag of danishes and doughnuts, and two coffees drinks, one a frappaccino.